Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P0876

I was on vacation for the last week. If those codes come back again make sure that round connector on the front is locked in all the way(the grey piece spun clockwise til the push tab pops out). Also make sure none of the pins got bent. Hopefully it's good now though. I'd hope it's not an internal problem inside the transmission(valve body) from the accident. I'd hate to try your old valve body in a good transmission and contaminate it with shmooh.
    As for cvt fluid goes, I've only used Klondike universal cvt fluid that meets the J4 spec. My work switched suppliers recently and has Motosel fluid in stock now, but...I just looked up the specs and it shows it recommended for Mitsu J1 specs but no mention of J4 so I'm not sure if I'll be using it or not. If I get the go ahead I'll give it a go on a work car and see how that works out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

daleWV (08-29-2023)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I was on vacation for the last week. If those codes come back again make sure that round connector on the front is locked in all the way(the grey piece spun clockwise til the push tab pops out). Also make sure none of the pins got bent. Hopefully it's good now though. I'd hope it's not an internal problem inside the transmission(valve body) from the accident. I'd hate to try your old valve body in a good transmission and contaminate it with shmooh.
    As for cvt fluid goes, I've only used Klondike universal cvt fluid that meets the J4 spec. My work switched suppliers recently and has Motosel fluid in stock now, but...I just looked up the specs and it shows it recommended for Mitsu J1 specs but no mention of J4 so I'm not sure if I'll be using it or not. If I get the go ahead I'll give it a go on a work car and see how that works out.
    So far so good. I cleaned the pins again and just drove it around. All the codes went off. I was getting a P0458 but after tracing wires I found that I had cut one in half by accident somehow. But I rewired it together. And as of last night it's clear of codes. Fingers crossed its all fixed.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beetleborg For This Useful Post:

BigMW (08-28-2023),daleWV (08-29-2023),inuvik (08-28-2023)