Thread: air jack

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

air jack

Any one have experience with these things?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0B1J2NN4R/ref=emc_b_5_t

I'm considering one (maybe 2) for nascar type wheel changes.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well after your compressor charges for 5 minutes and you wrestle with the air hose you can save 8 seconds of work in trade for a few $ of electrical expense. Plus you get the added benefit of being terrified to use it after something inevitably falls on it and scraped the bladder. Wouldn't waste my money. I'm still using the self destructing harbor freight jackstands though so maybe I'm not the one to take advice from ��

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

craigq (08-22-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Any one have experience with these things?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0B1J2NN4R/ref=emc_b_5_t

I'm considering one (maybe 2) for nascar type wheel changes.
    I have a 50+ year old air compressor (my grandpa's). I could see owning one air jack maybe, but running hoses back & forth between two jacks would be more hassel than I would be interested in.

My Kmart hydraulic floor jack is also quite old and leaks a little over time. Thus, I took the time to look at a review of one of these (see below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gilthp5zOb8

If I had the right garage with an easy access air hose, I might be inclined to use something like this. Since I change out wheels on both my Forster & Mirage both spring & late Fall, I could justify the cost. I usually remove my rear ATV & UTV tires each fall to add tire chains, too. I would use this piece of equipment most likely.

Buy two of them, decide you're not crazy about them, & sell me one cheap!

I kid of course! The concept of them is good! I don't see the need or advantage of having two for most things I do. You got me thinking, however!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I have a 50+ year old air compressor (my grandpa's). I could see owning one air jack maybe, but running hoses back & forth between two jacks would be more hassel than I would be interested in.

My Kmart hydraulic floor jack is also quite old and leaks a little over time. Thus, I took the time to look at a review of one of these (see below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gilthp5zOb8

If I had the right garage with an easy access air hose, I might be inclined to use something like this. Since I change out wheels on both my Forster & Mirage both spring & late Fall, I could justify the cost. I usually remove my rear ATV & UTV tires each fall to add tire chains, too. I would use this piece of equipment most likely.

Buy two of them, decide you're not crazy about them, & sell me one cheap!

I kid of course! The concept of them is good! I don't see the need or advantage of having two for most things I do. You got me thinking, however!
    I have the air hose out already for the impact to remove the lugs. Not that you couldn't use two hand pumped hydraulic jacks but my 2 1/2 ton models are 40 lb. each. Wears a guy out lifting 4 corners at a time, battling the jacks(s) and tire weights. One of these in the middle. One of these air jacks will lift one side or one end of a Mirage, I'm sure of that. I don't think I would trust using two hydraulic jacks on my Mirage. Don't know why.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)