Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Stereo / Speaker / Amp Installation (Radio/Speaker/Inner Door Trim Removal)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Namco, it would be all good if the Mirage came with 18 gauge speaker wire, but it doesnt. Do your test again with 20-22 gauge wire and you would see a big difference. Btw, my front speakers are running full range with no crossover on them. When you take out all of the subwoofer frequencies, you don't loose as much power in the wire.

Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    The speaker in the side is considered the woofer. You would still have to have some kind of amplifier on it and if you built a box for it, it would have to have the exact air space, porting(if the box is ported), and port length (once again, if the box is ported). Any deviation and it won't work as well.

A quick way to tell if it would help your sound is to put it in the car, then tune the car radio and this boom box to the same radio station. Adjust the car radio volume to your normal listening level, then slowly raise the volume up on the boom box. If it can't put out more than the stock speakers then it would be a waste of time to do anything with it. Otherwise, if it helps the sound then give it a shot! Consider it recycling!
    thanks, actually i forgot to mention (i was typing this when im at the office hehe) im gonna be only using the 2 woofer and not the other speakers in it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does the car features with the steering wheel and call features work with the aftermarket

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alrmgamer26 View Post
    Does the car features with the steering wheel and call features work with the aftermarket
    I would be interested to know this, too.

I had an aftermarket head unit professionally installed several months ago. They tried a couple of adapter modules to maintain my steering wheel controls...but they were unable to find anything to work with the Mirage that maintained ALL of the steering wheel functions. They told me that there wasn't an aftermarket adapter available (that they could find at that time) that said it worked specifically with a Mirage. They tried one for an Outlander, and it only worked for some of the steering wheel functions. I really didn't care about the steering wheel controls anyway...so I told them to stop trying.

With the easy touch screen controls (and rotary volume knob) on my Kenwood, I don't miss the steering wheel controls.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Per Robert Smith @ Axxess Integrate (link here) the ASWC-1 interface will work for the Mirage steering wheel controls to an aftermarket head unit. I personally have not tried yet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (07-26-2017)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I am having trouble installing a double DIN touch screen radio in my 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4. The radio worked fine would not work at all unless I put the yellows and the Reds all together then it would not take my preset stations. I figured screw it I would leave it alone and then all of a sudden my key fob stopped working. Can anyone give any information on what harness they used and exactly which wires they connected? I tried color to color but it would not work unless I put yellow yellow and red red together but my key fobs no longer work

Edit: I am at the dealer right now with the factory radio back in the car and now that will not turn on they cannot figure out the problem and my key fob still did not work

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Hello Maxke01 and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear that your radio install went haywire. Let us know what they find.

Metra has some adapters for the Mirage. I can find them for you if you still need them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello Maxke01 and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear that your radio install went haywire. Let us know what they find.

Metra has some adapters for the Mirage. I can find them for you if you still need them.
    They're saying that my ECM is bad and they're replacing it free of charge thankfully but I just don't know how that happened. This isn't the first nor will it be the last time that I ever install a radio aftermarket. The harness I used was Metra 70-7005 Receiver Wiring Harness. They did tell me if I tried to install another radio in it and the same problem persist or any other problems that they would not cover it so it looks like I'm going to need to take it to a professional in order to get an aftermarket radio installed which is totally ridiculous. They are telling me that the radio and alarm system are tied together in this car

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    I'm pretty sure these radios at least get vehicle speed info from one of the ECUs.

If you like, I can look this up for you.
    Last edited by Eggman; 09-21-2017 at 12:46 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxke01 View Post
    They are telling me that the radio and alarm system are tied together in this car
    A lot of major components in the car ARE connected via the car's CAN bus. So messing with the wiring harness may result in unintended consequences. When you read through the service manual, almost every electronic diagnosis involves a CAN bus check of some sort.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)