Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High beams not turning off

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AyAyron View Post
    How can I verify in the diagrams that the immobilizer wiring connected to headlights?
    Looking at this: http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/mirage...f#E.Gr00000200
    Its a LIN / CAN bus system so all the computers are talking to each other not necessarily wired in conjunction with each other if that makes sense.

on page (90)-70 and (90)-71 of the wiring diagrams it shows the high beam relay coil wire is sunk to the ETACs ecu which is (in Lefthand drive cars anyway) where your left knee would be when driving which is a known issue area.
    The others are leading you in the right direction with the connections.

You can reset the system faults yourself by disconnecting the battery completely both terminals and zip tie the main cable wires on the car together for a few minutes to drain the residual voltage. Although i never did it on the mirage ive doneit on half a dozen of other cars and never had an issue.

https://youtu.be/F6pMlbNW7-E?si=5PAC0-7X64Ul3G-L

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Gotcha. For Fummins and MightyMirage, here are the steps I will take to try turn off the high beam and report back. Let me know if I should add/subtract anything:

1. Remove relays in relay box engine bay
    2. Remove and replug C-406/407 (these are the busses in the LHS dashboard panel)
    3. Remove and replug the ETACS-ECU
    4. If I can reach it Remove and replug the A105 which seems to be under the relay box in engine bay

Will perform a code/system reset tomorrow

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have this problem on my 2015, but it is a completely different issue. Mine is the actual switch itself. Sometimes it works on the first pull, and sometimes it takes 17.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-06-2023)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    UPDATE
    1. Pulled every relay: high beam on
    2. Pulled the bus connecting the engine bay fuse box: high beam still on. Picture of bus below
    Name:  Screenshot 2023-09-07 131929.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  58.7 KB

3. Pulled C-405/406 (these are the busses in the LHS dashboard panel): turned off the power to beam, but it remained on on the dashboard. Something is forcing the beam on?
    Name:  Screenshot 2023-09-07 131803.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  40.7 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2023-09-07 132017.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  93.7 KB

4. Could not reach ETACS ECU

Between all this, my AS&G feature started functioning properly again LOL

Any thoughts on this? Shouldnt pulling relays close the high beam?
    Last edited by AyAyron; 09-08-2023 at 07:15 AM. Reason: corrected bus number point 3

That's odd. This doesn't help much but in one of your posts you said you didn't have tools to pull the fuses. There's a fuse puller there in the under hood fuse box. It's a white plastic piece in the pic above.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Gotcha thanks for the fuse puller.

Is it possible for a light to be forced on if I pull the relay? If not, I need to get my wiring checked.

EDIT: I just went through the immobilizer circuit diagram. It shares some buses to the junction block with the headlight. Could be corroded wire or something?
    Last edited by AyAyron; 09-07-2023 at 02:16 PM. Reason: added an update

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My high beams go off but the indicator light on dash stays on when I pull this relay so you have the correct one.

I would begin pulling fuses until you figure out what circuit is powering the lights and then go from there. Starting with the high beam fuses of course.

The circuit shows nothing should be able to power them except the relay, so I agree your probably looking at some wires rubbed through or some sort of damaged circuit. Might even be worth unmounting and looking at the bottom of the fuse box itself
    Attached Images Attached Images  

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

AyAyron (09-07-2023),Fummins (09-07-2023)

I didn't follow the diagram that far and got lost/lost interest in the canbus system. I'm not sure about corroded wire if it works fine after "reseting" it. But that's still a possibility. Just the slightest bit of blue/green shmooh on any of the connectors behind that kick panel(typically the lowermost one that's hard to see) can wreak havoc on these cars. That might not be your issue though.

If there is a highbeam relay built into the etacs module maybe it's sticking? I believe the etacs is bolted to the back of the underdash fuse box? Can't be sure on that one though. Could just start unplugging stuff one at a til the lights go out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Just to be on the safe side: the kick panel is clean, no sign of corrosion, just dust which I have blown off.
    Name:  Screenshot 2023-09-07 131838.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  40.3 KB

Lets break this into 2 parts: 1. powering off the lights themselves and 2. making the system turn off the light (i.e. indicator should shut off).

The lights power off when I pulled the C405/406 busses (pictured above), but the high beam indicator remained on. So far this is the only thing that has powered it down, but I am yet to figure out how to turn it off on the system.

There is just 1 relay for high beams as per the diagram (and it does not shut off the high beam). Will check the fuses.
    Name:  Screenshot 2023-09-07 194114.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  97.4 KB
    Last edited by AyAyron; 09-07-2023 at 02:47 PM. Reason: added information

Total shot in the dark here, have you looked at the headlight bulbs themselves? Is one element broken and touching the other one or something weird?
    Have you pulled the two high beam fuses, F3 and F4? They shouldn't be powered with the relay removed as per that schematic. That is a weird one for sure.
    Basic mentioned his switch is acting up, but I don't see how your lights could still be on with the relay removed.
    If your lights are still on with the fuses and relay removed then you've got something going on between the fuse box(underhood) and the headlight connector(/s), but why the indicator would still be lit is still odd. Two separate issues, or a domino effect?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AyAyron (09-07-2023),MightyMirageMpg (09-07-2023)