Thread: KYB Shock Mounts bushingw/ bearing

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Question KYB Shock Mounts bushingw/ bearing

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to ask because for the past 8years my front shocks worn out.

I saw two shock mounts bushings and don't know if there's a difference. One has no bearing and the other has a bearing and price is just a dollar less.

Name:  Shock Mount.JPG
Views: 262
Size:  24.4 KB

what the use of the bearing?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The strut is bolted to the steering knuckle so when you turn your wheels it also rotated. The shaft could spin in the strut body but there's seals in there.
    It seems weird they would offer 2 different kinds. I'm sure you'll end up ordering the bearing kind but just to be safe ide look around what other manufacturers offer, or look on your car.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (09-11-2023)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    The strut is bolted to the steering knuckle so when you turn your wheels it also rotated. The shaft could spin in the strut body but there's seals in there.
    It seems weird they would offer 2 different kinds. I'm sure you'll end up ordering the bearing kind but just to be safe ide look around what other manufacturers offer, or look on your car.
    my OEM front doesn't have the bearing but I'm just curious if there is a benefit in using the one with the bearing.

I've looked to different stores here in the Philippines they show me both, with bearings and non bearing ones are for a mirage.

KYB is a well known brand for mirages here, as an alternative for the OEM ones because the OEMs are more expensive.

Name:  Mirage Mount.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  66.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    ok so i think ill just buy the one that dont have the bearings. Just read from another site

"Bad strut bearings can also cause alignment issues and uneven tire wear. Many mechanics recommend that strut bearings be replaced whenever struts are replaced so worn bearings don’t affect suspension or steering performance."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (09-11-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    According to this breakdown (2015 de model) there is a bearing but it's in a spot you can't see it.

As long as you're sure you're getting a factory style setup might as well order the one with the bearing. Especially if it's a dollar less.
    I tried typing the kyb part numbers into Google but my browser didn't like the Philippines websites. Might be worth just calling kyb direct if they have a service line, or judge by the photos if it's an additional part in the box or a different setup.

How many miles did you get out of the struts?

https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse...and-components

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (09-12-2023)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post

How many miles did you get out of the struts?
    For the past 8 years its only at 75k. I know its low, I drive mostly City driving no long drives and also the road here is not that great.

Imagine running your small car that has the same surface as the moon uneven roads, potholes etc.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-12-2023),inuvik (09-12-2023),MightyMirageMpg (09-13-2023)