Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Help car value ?

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
    Completely agree.

Intending to not sell it so could care less about the resale value.

I am just saying the normies dont value these machines.

Only the latest and greatest in SUV computational technologies and driver tickling assistance is desired.

And dont forget all this belly aching about car theft and cat theft.

Mirage is theft proof because the locks are manual and the cats are protected, better profits are had at the next kia.

@Fummins is it really a money pit per km?

I did the calculations one day but mirage is cheaper than flying for me per km and cheaper than the bus in Toronto.

Makes me laugh when I hear of people avoiding road trips because of "depreciation" or "increase in car maintenance".
    No I was making a funny.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Poooosh the button on this purchase sooner than later please. Friendly Tire Engineer pal reminder.

P.S. there is a Japanese tire manufacturer who builds and engineers tires much the same way Toyota does cars (Even sounds oddly similar) and just so happens to build a lot of them in your size just a few miles up I-75... seriously the best LT tires in the business.
    I'll consider that. However, seems a little odd to think of my Ram running on Japanese tires. Course they've mostly ran on French tires. Ran on Bridgestones for a while, those things let me down.

Does that brand you speak of make good Load Range E tires?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Bambi bashers! Ha! Been lots of Bambi bashing going on all within a couple miles of my house.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Bambi bashers! Ha! Been lots of Bambi bashing going on all within a couple miles of my house.
    It doesn’t look like it but Bambi basher truck had an 8” lift and 37” tires(18" wheels). Now I drive a mirage.
    Attachment 26775

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Now I drive a mirage.
    Yeah, but they're nearly identical in every way!

My blue truck has never seen as much dirt collectively, as yours has in that picture!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does that brand you speak of make good Load Range E tires?
    They sure do. They even make some Load Range F in certain sizes...
    However, seems a little odd to think of my Ram running on Japanese tires.
    You like and appreciate how Japanese vehicles are engineered and manufactured... why not tires?
    Course they've mostly ran on French tires.
    At least you know they are French... I swear not a day goes by that I don't see someone say "Only 'Merican tires for me... Michelin!"
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    You like and appreciate how Japanese vehicles are engineered and manufactured... why not tires?
    You sure makes a great point. You must be right smart. You do have a blue hatch. I'm down with trying a set ... course that's like a 10 year obligation for me. I wonder if there are any test tires about to be thrown out?

Either way, yes, I will try them. Now let me go tirerack (check) them and make sure the cost doesn't make me wanna throw-up. I'm broke busted splintered shattered scattered covered and chunked these days. Long story.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Now let me go tirerack (check) them and make sure the cost doesn't make me wanna throw-up.
    Oh you're gonna blow chunks big time...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (03-20-2024)

You sure makes a great point. You must be right smart. You do have a blue hatch. I'm down with trying a set ... course that's like a 10 year obligation for me. I wonder if there are any test tires about to be thrown out?

Either way, yes, I will try them. Now let me go tirerack (check) them and make sure the cost doesn't make me wanna throw-up. I'm broke busted splintered shattered scattered covered and chunked these days. Long story.
    I can't see your post about the purge valve. Been trying since yesterday and keep getting the same error message. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...id-Purge-Valve