Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eliminate the gangsta lean?

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Best thing you can do is coilovers and then a sway bar. There's too much stress on a sway bar if you don't lower the car. Sway bar will give. Sway bar will last longer when lowered. If you don't want to be lowered then you can get coilovers and keep stock ride height.

Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think coulover for street use is overkill and usually can cause problems. I dint want to race. Etc. just want eliminate some of the lean.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
    I think coulover for street use is overkill and usually can cause problems. I dint want to race. Etc. just want eliminate some of the lean.
    The cheapest solution to your concern is to slow down through corners. But you probably knew that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am not racing, or whatever. I drive like a normal person. I know what the car is and had 4 modern mirages. My issue is the transition from side to side in normal driving. I feel the springs are too soft for the car and wanted to know if you guys did have good outcome with springs or sways. Seeing the sways are crap I’ll consider the springs. I had eibach and they are mediocre at best. I was contemplating the HR being stiffer for the back and they seem not to lower the car that much. Anyone had or has them ?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,124 Posts
    What about a set of airlift airbags inside the rear coils? A couple of members have installed them with good results.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    I am not racing, or whatever. I drive like a normal person. I know what the car is and had 4 modern mirages. My issue is the transition from side to side in normal driving. I feel the springs are too soft for the car and wanted to know if you guys did have good outcome with springs or sways. Seeing the sways are crap I’ll consider the springs. I had eibach and they are mediocre at best. I was contemplating the HR being stiffer for the back and they seem not to lower the car that much. Anyone had or has them ?
    Good point, you've had several of these Mirages, you and/or your family. Seems you have a pretty good idea of what these little cars are all about. What made you get another one?

I used the airbags. They worked but I wasn't particularly concerned about body roll during cornering. At some point in my ownership, I just wanted to enjoy the car for what it was - cheap, affordable transportation. Spending any money to improve its 'performance' (outside lowering operating costs) ran against the affordability of the design. For me, anyway.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

BigMW (10-15-2023)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was lowered an inch an a half on coilovers, but now I'm lifted 1" above stock with airbags and coilovers. There's settings to make them softer.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-05-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Good point, you've had several of these Mirages, you and/or your family. Seems you have a pretty good idea of what these little cars are all about. What made you get another one?

I used the airbags. They worked but I wasn't particularly concerned about body roll during cornering. At some point in my ownership, I just wanted to enjoy the car for what it was - cheap, affordable transportation. Spending any money to improve its 'performance' (outside lowering operating costs) ran against the affordability of the design. For me, anyway.

Well, the MX5 I had was so small and started to get to me. I had to plan doing things and plain simply it was just less storage than my 2009. The irony is that I traded my 2021 ES for the MX5
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I drove my gf's 2023 G4 several times, even on the Interstate (I don't live near the Interstate, so it was a treat).... but when I went to go pickup my Ralliart, on the way home I was able to drive it at 60mph and found it leaned in the corners... never noticed any leaning with the G4, haven't really driven it at high speeds since (its a 2nd car, not really used much) but its very concerning to me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyptr View Post
    I drove my gf's 2023 G4 several times, even on the Interstate (I don't live near the Interstate, so it was a treat).... but when I went to go pickup my Ralliart, on the way home I was able to drive it at 60mph and found it leaned in the corners... never noticed any leaning with the G4, haven't really driven it at high speeds since (its a 2nd car, not really used much) but its very concerning to me.
    I do agree. The sedan isn’t leaning when making left right transitions.

mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)