Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Enhancement Requests: how would you improve the Mirage?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zefke View Post
    How tall are you guys? I'm 1.83m but I never hit the headrests....
    I'm 1.74m and a well-trained sportsman too, but its not a problem of height.
    The headrest is height adjustable, but it doesn't address the problem.

Its just that the headrest is much too far forward and can not be adjusted to go away from the head.
    Because of that I must stick my head forward in a completely unnatural way, and that gives me cramps in the neck.

The back of the seat is just as uncomfortable. After a 1 1/2 hour drive, I needed medical assistance because of pain in my back. I thought I was giving birth to a kidney stone, but is was "only" cramps in my back from the unphysiological shape of the seat.

foama

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    About 1.92 but the problem for me is that the headrest is angled far enough forward that I can't sit straight without it pushing on my head. Adjusting the height of the headrest didn't help. Turning it around did solve the problem but may have made it less effective at preventing injuries.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 48.1 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    1.0 / 1.0 turbo ( optional )
    6 speed manual
    vanity mirror on passengers side
    back dome lights
    truck light
    whatever it takes to remove a lot of the body roll out of the car.
    Seats with better bolstering to hold you in place
    Leather package (optional )
    Sunroof (optional )

Country
    New Zealand
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemiRage View Post
    I'm with you on the headrests. The back of my head got banged so much I finally reversed the headrest. Hopefully it will still do it's job.
    You got to get some new sounds - lay off that head banger stuff

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Here's a neat idea I'd be willing to pay $100 for. Make the orange backlight of the speedometer and dash optional to match the body colour Blue, Red, Green... Would kind of sport the car up on the inside. And I'm a sucker for lights

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 52.3 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    I'm 1.74m and a well-trained sportsman too, but its not a problem of height.
    The headrest is height adjustable, but it doesn't address the problem.

Its just that the headrest is much too far forward and can not be adjusted to go away from the head.
    Because of that I must stick my head forward in a completely unnatural way, and that gives me cramps in the neck.

The back of the seat is just as uncomfortable. After a 1 1/2 hour drive, I needed medical assistance because of pain in my back. I thought I was giving birth to a kidney stone, but is was "only" cramps in my back from the unphysiological shape of the seat.

foama
    The headrest is designed that way for incase of a crash its meant to reduce whiplash

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    The headrest is designed that way for incase of a crash its meant to reduce whiplash
    Understood, but it definitely should not be so far forward that it constantly pushes on the the back of my head and so makes a normal sitting position fully impossible.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have the headrest problem, too. It doesn't affect people that have a neck-forward position from spending years doing desk work or other work in front of them, or if they tilt the seat back and then hunch forward. I lessen the problem by tilting the seat back further than my usual position. My wife uses an Obus form back support on the seat. This moves her ahead enough that the headrest doesn't interfere. I don't use it because the seat bottom is already too short for me. I test drove a Honda Civic a few years ago -- loved it but couldn't sit in more than 15 minutes because of the headrest.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I like All the posts.mine is More outside colors and all the above. And More Advertiseing the mitsubishi mirage .and supply the dealers with more cars and colors.and go on a advertising frenzy. To get more sales and stop the negative consumer reviews
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    An 11 gallon tank instead of the 9.2 in our mirages. That would make me happy. I have owned my car for two months and already have put over 6000 miles on it, i still make frequent gas station stops... Even though they are pretty cheap, but a bigger tank sure would be nice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 44.3 mpg (US) ... 18.8 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp)