Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Enhancement Requests: how would you improve the Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Leave ALL the fancy crap off.
    $9495 Standard
    $9995 CVT
    Sell millions of 'em...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThreePot For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (11-27-2016),poorman1 (03-16-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreePot View Post
    Leave ALL the fancy crap off.
    $9495 Standard
    $9995 CVT
    Sell millions of 'em...
    One of my beefs was that for 2014 the choices were all the fancy crap or none of it. There was no option to add accessories. I see now they offer the ES + which is basic but with air and keyless entry.

My Mirage would likely be basic, but I would like to add just cruise control, and maybe air, but not all the other bluetooth/alloy wheels/heated seats etc.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    An 11 gallon tank instead of the 9.2 in our mirages. That would make me happy. I have owned my car for two months and already have put over 6000 miles on it, i still make frequent gas station stops... Even though they are pretty cheap, but a bigger tank sure would be nice.
    Makes the car heavier, less MPG possible

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DonHoot View Post
    I wish (if there's room) for a bigger fuel tank. It may cost some weight, but as the tank comes below 9.7 gals the car would weigh the same. I would like to see what this would do to range/mpg . I see on Wiki that gas weighs about 6 pounds/gallon. If you add 4 gals to 9.7 = 13.7 that's only 24 pounds. Another 160 miles at 40 mpg. I would also like something simple too, a better windshield spray, mine just "pees" solid streams of liquid and most of it just runs off. Also a way to show the OBD2 info on the nav screen I don't always need the map and all that info on there would be awesome.
    An 11 gallon tank instead of the 9.2 in our mirages. That would make me happy. I have owned my car for two months and already have put over 6000 miles on it, i still make frequent gas station stops... Even though they are pretty cheap, but a bigger tank sure would be nice.

The extra fuel doesn't weigh that much, and as you use gas below 9.7 gallons the weight becomes the same. How much the bigger tank would weigh can't be more than a few pounds.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    - More modern color for interior instruments and lights. Ice blue or white would be nice.
    - 6-speed manual.
    - More exterior colors.
    - Rear swaybar.

Also better marketing, something along the lines of this:

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorifuta View Post
    For those mentioning a super tall 5th for 75+ mph highway cruising, I believe you won't find much of an improvement. With the CVT, there's only a 225-ish rpm difference between 55 and 65mph but because the engine is fighting that much more air being displaced to maintain velocity, the same exact trip will show 43-44 mpg on the dash instead of 49-51.

In fact, with a taller-than-Euro 5th, I'd imagine seeing an mpg DROP as the cruise control forces the engine to go WOT in uphill stretches of highway because it's out of its torque band.
    I am stupid maybe, but what is WOT?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kerc View Post
    - More modern color for interior instruments and lights. Ice blue or white would be nice.
    - 6-speed manual.
    - More exterior colors.
    - Rear swaybar.

Also better marketing, something along the lines of this:

European Mirages have blueish/white instrument lighting already

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RodeRoNL View Post
    Wide Open Throttle!

Not stupid just not used to the lingo

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I would like the rear suspension to be less noisy over fast bumps. I do NOT want it to be stiffened, on the contrary (but that is personal).
    Also:
    - softer seats
    - more information available on the LCD instrument, or more gauges for example for engine temp, oil temp....
    - the knob to turn on/off the automatic switching off the engine when idling should be placed somewhere where you can see it and reach it. Very annoying.
    - the interiour lighting also in the back of the car and also two extra in front when you have to look at a map. The Daihatsu Cuore had that even (five lamps in total in the interior, including in the boot)
    - automatic locking of the doors after leaving the car. I read that some of you have it. I tested it, but it does not do it in my car, which is the most expensive model (almost) with remote control.
    - Placing the mid arm rest (now an option) somewhat more to the front in CVT models. Now it is pretty useless.
    - An oil level indicator (maybe in the LCD screen as a function). My old Citroën BX 1989 had such a gauge. It worked perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by RodeRoNL View Post
    That would be Wide Open Throttle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)