Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Enhancement Requests: how would you improve the Mirage?

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    My dealer had the alloy wheel in the stock Mirage I took, so in that case, I would actually have preferred the normal steel wheel, since it allows for a better mount of smooth wheel covers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kerc View Post
    This car begs for a performance version to take advantage of its light weight. Firmed-up suspension, lower it by an inch or so, 15" or 16" wheels, and maybe even tweak the engine to eke out a bit more hp.
    I don't fully understand the point of lowering the suspension on the car if you're going to put wider/taller tires on it. In my town specifically (not sure of others) they have these weird ass storm drain channels that are basically ditches in the ****ing road, and almost EVERY time I get to one unless I'm going 15mph which is unavoidable in most situations where those are I'm scratching the plastic on the front of my car (not that I care as it's under body stuff, but still...

The logical choice in this vehicle is adding larger tires, and jacking it up a hair while still using springs that'll allow it to get as low as it needs to on the downforce.
    the springs in it now are too weak as it is, it goes any lower, and you'll be driving a '67 el camino on spoke rims, ese!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Which reminds me, you can not select the defrost position allone with the mode selector button!!

You can only select it together with air to the floor section! When it rains, the Spacestar (like most modern cars) has not enough ventilation of its own so the windscreen fogs up easily. I would like the option to put all air to the windscreen!

In case you select the defrost button it Always turns on the Airco I like to use as little fuel as possible. So I HATE it when it does that!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Spacestar Invite 1.0 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    All cars use the a\c in the defrost cycle. Removes the moisture from the air.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to aydu For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (03-16-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think the AC noise isnt that bad. The 2013 civic's ac has a slight ticking sound. Lots worse that the mirage's IMO.

Definitely agree with steering mounted display/toggle.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aydu View Post
    All cars use the a\c in the defrost cycle. Removes the moisture from the air.
    Yes I know, and it works Perfectly.

But still I wan't to be able to direct all the air to the windscreen without switching the airco ON... it just consumes too much energy!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Spacestar Invite 1.0 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just think of how much energy would be used in a big v8 engine, just to clear rhe windshield!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Just think of how much energy would be used in a big v8 engine, just to clear rhe windshield!
    Believe it or not, the windscreen of my Merc 380 V8 doesn't fog up that much!! I never had any problems with it!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't get this logic... Sorry...

A big v8 will be making more power at 800rpms than small 3cyl, thus the "power hog" of an AC would not be felt. In fact, the Mirage is one of the first current model vehicles that I've driven in where you can feel losing power when the AC is turned on.

Last vehicle I drove where I can feel power loss when the AC is turned on was my 88 corolla with a 4AC engine (carb'd) which, IIRC, had no more than 90hp.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I don't get this logic... Sorry...

A big v8 will be making more power at 800rpms than small 3cyl, thus the "power hog" of an AC would not be felt. In fact, the Mirage is one of the first current model vehicles that I've driven in where you can feel losing power when the AC is turned on.

Last vehicle I drove where I can feel power loss when the AC is turned on was my 88 corolla with a 4AC engine (carb'd) which, IIRC, had no more than 90hp.
    I drove a Ford Mondeo once with a 150hp 2.0 16V engine from 2000, you could feel the A/C switching ON/OFF all the time. Then again in a 1.4 16V Polo with 75Hp fom 2003 you couldn't feel it.

I think it depends on the system they used. An ON/OFF system can Always be felt I think, if it is a modulating system it will be much smoother...