Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Enhancement Requests: how would you improve the Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The v8 comment was meant as a joke.

The op was concerned that the ac running as a part of the window defrost cycle used up too much energy.

The joke was meant to imply that if you thought the 3 cylinder Mirage uses extra energy doing this, imagine how much would be used by a bigger engine.

Apparently not a good example of humor.

On the positive side, I personally won't lose sleep worrying about how much gas I might waste if I have to defrost the windshield during an upcoming drive.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I dont know what all the conplaining about cruising gear is. I think its the perfect balance between power and fuel economy.

My first tank got me 530km to 30L. I still have enough power to pass in 5th with "eco" on without problem.

Thats fantastic mileage.

Id love an outside temp reading. Or an armrest.

My number one would be cubby holes!!!! There is a lack of small holes to put random stuff. No coin holder (ashtray) or lighter holder.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTransporter View Post
    Id love an outside temp reading.
    You don't have the outside temp reading? I thought that was standard in all the LCD displays!

Only to view it you need to push the button in the cockpit

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Spacestar Invite 1.0 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aydu View Post
    The v8 comment was meant as a joke.

The op was concerned that the ac running as a part of the window defrost cycle used up too much energy.

The joke was meant to imply that if you thought the 3 cylinder Mirage uses extra energy doing this, imagine how much would be used by a bigger engine.

Apparently not a good example of humor.

On the positive side, I personally won't lose sleep worrying about how much gas I might waste if I have to defrost the windshield during an upcoming drive.
    Actually it would use exactly the same amount of energy to defrost you windscreen if you had a V8 installed.
    But that was not the point. I just don't like to drive around with the A/C on while the temperature outside is cold! If one could select to direct all the air to the windscreen without turning the A/C on, that would help a lot keeping it clean during damp conditions without waisting lots of ernergy.

But then again that just te problem, these modern cars are designed for people who won't lose sleep worrying about how much gas they might waste if they drive around all day long in cold weather with the A/C switched on. Just put it in AUTO and you're all set!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Spacestar Invite 1.0 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's me!!!

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    In that case I would sure as hell go for the V8 !

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Have rear disc brakes been mentioned? I just can't stand the idea of anything having drums on it in 2014...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My '03 Galant had discs in front, drums in back.

It has over 71,000 miles on it and is still using the original brake pads on the drums. Had the front discs replaced aboutt year ago. Just had the brakes checked and they indicated the fronts are fine (as expected) but the rears still have about a year's worth of use on them.

I know most of the braking action is done by the front discs. The only thing I can say about drums on the rears is that they save you money. I have no complaints about the braking on my Mirage, and hope those old rear drums last as long as the ones on my Galant.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just hate how drums look. Dont mind it for braking power, but for aesthetics.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    They also help to keep your alloy rims a litlle cleaner