Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello all. What’s going on with mirage pricing and options?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hello all. What’s going on with mirage pricing and options?

Long time no talk. Was just researching mirages again and even my old go to for mirage deals, white bear mitsu, has lost its mind. Their base model trims are 18k now!?! And no manual available? This is disappointing to see.

I was looking at the G4 this time around for the fact it has more leg room. But there is really no incentive now!

I see the Versa can be had with a manual and is priced on lots for the same 18k. With a four banger.

What gives fellas?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Long time no talk. Was just researching mirages again and even my old go to for mirage deals, white bear mitsu, has lost its mind. Their base model trims are 18k now!?! And no manual available? This is disappointing to see.

I was looking at the G4 this time around for the fact it has more leg room. But there is really no incentive now!

I see the Versa can be had with a manual and is priced on lots for the same 18k. With a four banger.

What gives fellas?
    The manual disappeared in 2023. Very sad!

When White Bear was selling ES manuals for $7,500-$9,500 brand new (depending on how many rebates you qualified for), the Mirage was quite appealing.

I agree with you! I see no incentive to buy a new Mirage or G4 today! This is coming from someone who still enjoys & appreciates his 2017 ES manual.

Are looking for something to compliment your Corolla?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post

What gives fellas?
    Given today's market, this is a good deal -

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/e...ion_type=se_rp

$10,395 for 2019 G4 ES with only 4,788 miles. Manual climate controls & cruise control are a big plus for the 2019 model in my opinion!

The odometer actually shows the correct mileage, too! I would travel a distance for a car like this!

There's no way I would buy a new G4 if something like this existed!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The manual disappeared in 2023. Very sad!

When White Bear was selling ES manuals for $7,500-$9,500 brand new (depending on how many rebates you qualified for), the Mirage was quite appealing.

I agree with you! I see no incentive to buy a new Mirage or G4 today! This is coming from someone who still enjoys & appreciates his 2017 ES manual.

Are looking for something to compliment your Corolla?
    Man that’s not great news. Still have the Corolla. Been a great car at 22k now. Wife drives it. I drive our huge family truck so was considering a small step and fetch again.

We don't even get the G4 or a 5 speed Versa up here!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Given today's market, this is a good deal -

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/e...ion_type=se_rp

$10,395 for 2019 G4 ES with only 4,788 miles. Manual climate controls & cruise control are a big plus for the 2019 model in my opinion!

The odometer actually shows the correct mileage, too! I would travel a distance for a car like this!

There's no way I would buy a new G4 if something like this existed!
    That does seem like a great buy! Read the reviews though. Most recent ones seem to accuse them of some shady stuff, especially with the milage and selling salvage vehicles. Definitely worth paying for a carfarx report on this one.

Actually... going to victory's website, they do not show that car or any used car under $16,000

BUT THEN I FOUND IT... going of the link from cars.com
    https://www.victorymitsubishi.com/in...ource=cars.com

I see it has an interstate replacement battery. I would expect the factory to last more than 4 years.
    Last edited by Christopher_B; 11-13-2023 at 03:07 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_B View Post
    That does seem like a great buy! Read the reviews though. Most recent ones seem to accuse them of some shady stuff, especially with the milage and selling salvage vehicles. Definitely worth paying for a carfarx report on this one.

Actually... going to victory's website, they do not show that car or any used car under $16,000

BUT THEN I FOUND IT... going of the link from cars.com
    https://www.victorymitsubishi.com/in...ource=cars.com

I see it has an interstate replacement battery. I would expect the factory to last more than 4 years.
    One would surely have to investigate things, & the low mileage is so low. It makes one wonder if it was sitting at an auto body shop for years?

2019 would be my favorite Mirage year. It's the only year they made an ES manual with factory cruise control & manual climate controls. Manual transmission, factory cruise, & manual climate controls check the right boxes for me. Low mileage & low price would draw my attention.

This is what I might look for when I buy something else 10 years from now. I've learned to be content with what I already have, & it's a good place to be!

There's a carfax right on that dealers page. Mileage checks out and it had 4 oil changes and a bunch of other stuff likely pushed by service advisors. Looks like it was repo'd. Those 5 speeds with cruise seem to be a unicorn.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It looks like the only way to get a mirage in 2024 that equals what my 2017 had is to get the top trim SE model, which seems odd.
    It looks like led headlights come with the se though.
    Is mirage going to get a full redo or is it getting discontinued do you guys think?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    There's a carfax right on that dealers page. Mileage checks out and it had 4 oil changes and a bunch of other stuff likely pushed by service advisors. Looks like it was repo'd. Those 5 speeds with cruise seem to be a unicorn.
    If this car is legit, it's the best deal I have since new Mirage prices have jumped up drastically. Pryme could have bought 2 new Mirages for the price of a new one today. His 2017 Mirage clips (he owned two SE manuals, which are the real unicorns) inspired me to buy my ES manual.

The 5 speed manual with the factory cruise would have existed in 2019-22 ES manual, but I'm sure not many were sent here? The one year 2017 SE manual would have the factory cruise, too. They went back to auto climate controls in 2020 for all, which is not a deal breaker. I would prefer the 2019 ES manual over anything else, however.

I've survived 6+ years/82,000+ miles without cruise control, but there are times when I do miss it. I did 950+ miles with my Mirage one day. Cruise control would have been nice that day for sure! Yet, I haven't cared enough to add it I guess.