Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Mirage owners step into an Outlander sport?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    People beat the snot out of "cheaper" cars and I don't want to inherit someone's abuse anymore.
    Some people's kids.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Sadly I don't know if I would want a used one. People beat the snot out of "cheaper" cars and I don't want to inherit someone's abuse anymore.
    For sure, I've only seen 1 used 2019 5 speed come up on the used market that was low mileage and that was a couple of years ago. I've never seen another 5 speed out in the "wild". When I see other OS's in a parking lot I'll often take a look to see. 100% CVT's so far.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I’m past the point in my life where I will buy a used vehicle. I’m too anal about maintaining my stuff and I know the vast majority of people are the opposite when it comes to vehicles.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

defensivetackle99 (11-16-2023),inuvik (11-16-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I’m past the point in my life where I will buy a used vehicle. I’m too anal about maintaining my stuff and I know the vast majority of people are the opposite when it comes to vehicles.
    What about this one?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/f...ff=share_other

It from White Bear! And blue!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    What about this one?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/f...ff=share_other

It from White Bear! And blue!

180k miles, definitely been driven! Be interesting to know if it's still on it's original clutch and gearbox.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have many customers who own Outlanders. The full size Outlander seems to be the better one. For some reason, the Sport seems to go through wheel bearings in my experience.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

Pryme (11-18-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    I have many customers who own Outlanders. The full size Outlander seems to be the better one. For some reason, the Sport seems to go through wheel bearings in my experience.
    They are both made in Japan I was surprised to see. Probably pretty good build quality.

The bigger one gets even less mileage though.

I did see a great test of off road performance with like 8 or 9 top selling small and midsize suvs and the forester and outlander did great with all the top models sucking like rav4 crv Hyundai and Kia ect.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My buddy just got the full sized outlander. Its a great vehicle, looks great and has 3 rows. The issue with the Sport is it's basically a lifted hatchback and doesn't have that much more space than the Mirage. That's why I would go for the full sized outlander.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    My buddy just got the full sized outlander. Its a great vehicle, looks great and has 3 rows. The issue with the Sport is it's basically a lifted hatchback and doesn't have that much more space than the Mirage. That's why I would go for the full sized outlander.
    It’s a lot bigger than the mirage. 21” longer and 5” wider and about 1k pounds heavier with twice the power. I don’t like the outlander due to direct injection. The sport isn’t DI. And gets at least 5mpg more

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    It’s a lot bigger than the mirage. 21” longer and 5” wider and about 1k pounds heavier with twice the power. I don’t like the outlander due to direct injection. The sport isn’t DI. And gets at least 5mpg more
    It too bad the Sport can’t hit 40 MPG. I really like that car. Idk if 35 MPG is even realistic with 4 extra PSI on all tyres.

Interestingly speaking, the Mazda CX-5 (compact SUV) from 2013-2016 model year did offer with a manual transmission, capable of reaching 35 MPG HWY which is fascinating! 155 HP at 6,000 RPM and curb weight is 3,000 pounds.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle99 For This Useful Post:

Pryme (11-19-2023)