Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite fuels

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I found the same with propane/lpg. The oil stays nice and clean.
    I collect antique tractors, and you can pull apart an old Minneapolis-Moline who were particularly fond of using LP to power their big Yellow Horses and the internals look like they were recently rebuilt. I wish propane fueling stations were more prevalent. I would run a lot of my vehicles on it.

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I collect antique tractors, and you can pull apart an old Minneapolis-Moline who were particularly fond of using LP to power their big Yellow Horses and the internals look like they were recently rebuilt. I wish propane fueling stations were more prevalent. I would run a lot of my vehicles on it.
    At the same time, we avoid using ethanol gas in our older tractors. Which for my family would be one remaining Farmall H that my grandpa bought in 1948.

Our school district buses went to LP about 8 years ago. They may have a few diesels for long trips (that may have to fill up elsewhere), but all the routes & short trips (sporting events) are done with LP buses.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    For the Mirage, I use the cheapest crap readily available. If I have time to shop around, I look through various fuel stations for a recent fuel spill and sop up all that I can and squeegee it into the tank.

In theory (not in practice), I bet I could plumb a hose from my Scamp's exhaust pipe to the intake of the Mirage ... block off the fuel lines of the Mirage, and the car would run off the exhaust of the Scamp idling exhaust! 5.9L of rich exhaust feeding a 1.2L. Should orta work. I'd just have to strap the Scamp to the roof of the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-03-2024)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    What's everyone paying at the moment, cheapest it gets here is 1.60 AUD a litre for lowest octane no ethanol petrol

1.60 AUD Equivalent in other countries
    US Dollars per Gallon: 4.09 USD/gal - exchange rate 1 AUD = 0.68 Liter to US Gallon 1L = 0.26 Gal
    US Dollars per Quart: 1.02USD/qt - qt to L is very close for ease

Canadian per Liter: 1.44 CAD/L - exchange rate 1 AUD = 0.90
    UK per Liter: 0.85 GBP/L - exchange rate 1 AUD = 0.54
    Euros per Liter: 0.99 EUR/L - exchange rate 1 AUD = 0.62

Calculator
    https://www.vcalc.com/wiki/us-dollar...llar-per-liter

Diesel has been consistent here at about 1.90
    Last edited by skyblueII; 01-03-2024 at 10:51 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to skyblueII For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-03-2024)

The cheapest that I’ve seen near me is $1.09/L cad or $3.10/gallon usd for regular with I have no idea how much ethanol. Diesel was $1.40/l last time I checked…

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

skyblueII (01-03-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I filled up for $2.69 per US Gal. at the little mom and pop service station that I am lucky enough to have just a mile down from my place out in the sticks. If I drove 18 miles into town I am sure I could have found it for maybe 5 to 10 cents cheaper, but I am happy to pay a bit more for convenience, and to support a great family business (true old fashioned service station with a mechanic shop and a parts store!)
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-03-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I filled up for $2.69 per US Gal. at the little mom and pop service station that I am lucky enough to have just a mile down from my place out in the sticks. If I drove 18 miles into town I am sure I could have found it for maybe 5 to 10 cents cheaper, but I am happy to pay a bit more for convenience, and to support a great family business (true old fashioned service station with a mechanic shop and a parts store!)
    Awesome. I want one of those.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You run E85 in your Mirage?

I just received confirmation from eFlexFuel that this conversion can be done on the 3A92 1.2 in the USA. Brings me one step closer.