Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hello Everyone

Just bought my Mirage SE yesterday. Been wanting one for about a year now and it took my PT Cruiser's starter failing to get me to finally give in to my wants. Was surprisingly able to get one in the color I want from my local dealership. Can't wait to have a proper nice car to commute to work in and not have the anxiety of a 20 year old warranty-less beater hanging over my head. I cant believe how nice these are! With the scathing reviews you see from big automotive media outlets you'd expect it to be held together with used chewing gum, but they're really well designed and built.Name:  IMG_0635.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  93.4 KBName:  IMG_0644.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  88.2 KBName:  IMG_0643.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  90.3 KB

Attached Images Attached Images    

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2024 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 36.5 mpg (US) ... 15.5 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 43.8 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gracie-C3 For This Useful Post:

Grumpy Bear (01-18-2024),inuvik (01-18-2024),jebr (01-18-2024),MetroMPG (01-19-2024),twister77 (01-19-2024),vintzend (01-20-2024)

Welcome congrats on your new car!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Welcome to the forum! I really like the color. If you plan on keeping your Mirage for a long time get the underbody sprayed with a good anti-rust product like Krown if it is available in your area on a yearly basis. Your future self will thank you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-19-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks! I'm planning on getting it undercoated, im just not sure if i want to drive up to Ziebart in Minneapolis in the spring or find somewhere local.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2024 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 36.5 mpg (US) ... 15.5 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 43.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Congrats on the new car. It does look nice.

I think that when fancy-pants car reviewers read, "3-cylinder, 78 hp" their mind immediately lowers their perceived quality directly linearly compared to cars with higher hp. So, for example, if you were to ask those review idiots how much higher quality a (for example) 156 hp (enter any model car here) car is compared to the 78 hp Mirage, they'd knee jerk answer: It's twice the quality of the Mirage. I'm being facetious, but I think that could be how their mind works, maybe not so linearly, but in that direction for sure.

I'm at 39,000 miles. And not one hiccup. I guess I should have bought a $60k Tesla so I could have a higher quality car that saves the planet. Which I believe in both cases is not correct. I think it is possible that the Mirage might be the greenest car in North America, considering Manfacturing and usage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie-C3 View Post
    Thanks! I'm planning on getting it undercoated, im just not sure if i want to drive up to Ziebart in Minneapolis in the spring or find somewhere local.
    Congrats on your new Mirage! It looks really sharp!

It doesn't have to be a Ziebart. There are other options. I don't live near a rustproofing place, but I did drive to Madison Wisconsin for rustproofing. I felt these guys (below) did a great job (oil undercoating).

https://www.madisonautorustproofing.com/

I don't know if Madison is closer for you or not, but you may be able to find something similar closer to home.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-19-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think I may have a coworker who's family runs one of those businesses, although i was planning on undercoating because I've seen it work. I own a 1984 Ram 50 that my Grandpa bought new and promptly got undercoated and only now 40 years later is rust starting to develop on the frame and fender corners and other rust prone spots (the undercoating started to crack maybe 10 years ago)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gracie-C3 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-18-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I think it is possible that the Mirage might be the greenest car in North America, considering Manfacturing and usage.
    There's a pretty interesting website called Carbon Counter that has compiled data for many models of cars (it appears to be using 2020-2022 model year data) and their total carbon footprint (along with total cost of ownership.) According to that website, while the Mirage is more carbon-intensive than most EVs (including all Tesla models) there are at least two EVs, the Ford F-150 Lightning and the Rivian R1T that are more carbon-intensive than the Mitsubishi Mirage. Definitely shows that just because a car is electric doesn't mean it's amazing for the planet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2024 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Not having looked at that info (yet), I'd have to believe they neglect the damage mining for battery materials is doing, plus the carbon produced mining for battery materials. I'll check that carbon counter. But due to the battery mining, that's why I thought the Mirage would be greener.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-18-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Special Edition Club! It looks great!