Thread: Chimera :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage / ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Chimera
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage / ES
    White
    5-Speed Manual

Following Options Installed:
    Fog Lights
    Cargo Net
    Center Console Illumination
    Cargo Mat
    Bluetooth Handsfree Kit
    Floor Illumination Kit
    Front Bumper Extensions
    Rear Bumper Extensions
    Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel/Shifter
    Keyless Entry
    Proximity Sensor

•  
    Comments: 6 / Views: 5359
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Pics will come later - Working on transferring approximately 30 gigabytes of stuff off my phone, and rummaging through all of it to see what I actually need before I replace it all (one thing I hate about the android file system)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Excited to see! Were all those options already installed or did you have the dealer do that?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    Excited to see! Were all those options already installed or did you have the dealer do that?
    They were pre-installed options AFAIK. I told them that if I had to drive this "dainty car" then I wanted something to draw me to it as I REALLY wanted the CVT since my wife and I weren't used to a standard anymore (she's WAY more unfamiliar with it than myself) but they were "sold out of any decent ones with any real "options" (power windows as I have a two year old who would notice the knob and likes to unfasten her child safety seat) as far north as Denver, CO.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    hey, I've looked into your fuel log and was wondering what happened to your mileage?

You were hitting impresssive 50MPG and now you are down at 30+...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Interested to see the illumination package.

I'll be installing LEDs on mine sooner or later...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    hey, I've looked into your fuel log and was wondering what happened to your mileage?

You were hitting impresssive 50MPG and now you are down at 30+...
    I was driving more cautiously in the beginning because I was relearning how to drive a stick. I live in a town where there are over 150 thousand students in an area with 250 thousand residents so getting out of lights, parking lots, driveways, etc. quickly is a necessity because these ****heads don't know how to drive to save their (or anyone elses) lives.
    Also note that my mileage IS a bit off, and that's due to me inputting the information on the fly with guesstimated averages due to a two year old that not only locks me out of my house, but decides to hit the trip button and clear them while the car is running.
    I'd estimate my actual MPG to be a solid number more so around that of 39-42 consistently than with the massive fluctuation that it has at the moment.
    The next few cycles SHOULD hopefully clear things up.

Also note that I do almost NO Freeway driving at all. There are only two main freeways out here, and neither of them will take you anywhere you really need to "rush to" as everything is within 20 minutes no matter what route you take.