Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from stormy Denmark

Country
    Denmark
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Red face Hello from stormy Denmark

After 6 years with a 2006 Suzuki Ignis 1.5 mh it finally won't pass the 2 yearly test because of rust problems. My wife and I decided to look at Toyota aygo, cute little car but no room in the back. A 2015 Mitsubishi Space Star in metallic blue caught my wife's eye, only 5300ks from new all service book stamped every year by Mitsubishi went for a test drive and the deal is done,collection on Friday. Very impressed. Space saver spare wheel,air con,really nice town car and capable of the odd long journeys.only thing missing is cruise control. Can't wait till Friday I'llkeep you posted.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nod For This Useful Post:

BigMW (01-23-2024),foama (01-26-2024),Fummins (01-26-2024),inuvik (01-23-2024),Marklovski (01-24-2024),mohammad (01-23-2024),twister77 (01-24-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Welcome!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Sounds like you made a wise choice. Some of these guys on here from North Pole, Canada and places thousands of miles north of me, up near the Canadian border can advise you on undercoating. It's true your car is not new. But perhaps it's been undercoating in the past. But might be a good idea to do it / re-do it even at 8+ years old.

I suppose your car has the 1.0L? Is it a 5 speed or CVT?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Keep us posted!

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Forgot to mention it's 5 speed

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nod For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-26-2024),inuvik (01-25-2024)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    In Europe, maybe one car in 50 is not a MT.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    In Europe, maybe one car in 50 is not a MT.

"In Europe, 80% of cars sold have manual transmissions. In the U.S., it's only 1%. Only around 18% of American drivers can handle a manual transmission, according to U.S. News and World Report. You know: the clutch pedal and the stick shift—three on the tree, four on the floor or, I don't know, five to drive maybe." Mar 27, 2022

In the U.S, we can't buy what doesn't exist. That includes a new Mirage with a manual transmission, which is really quite sad!

I hate the current American car market, but on a positive note it keeps me content with what I already have. I have very little interest in what is being sold today!

Quote Originally Posted by Nod View Post
    A 2015 Mitsubishi Space Star in metallic blue caught my wife's eye, only 5300ks from new all service book stamped every year by Mitsubishi
    Is that right, 5300km? Have the rotors been replaced or turned? When I let one of these things sit outside for 3-6 months the rotors end up rusting bad enough that they're unusable as is.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Oops, sorry its53,000 klm missed of a 0. Still not collected yet get it 1st February.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    "In Europe, 80% of cars sold have manual transmissions.

I hate the current American car market, but on a positive note it keeps me content with what I already have. I have very little interest in what is being sold today!

I thought more than 80% were MT in Europe. Anyhow, in the small and medium size market MT is the norm, and in that market segment automatic is exotic.

If you obtain a drivers license, you must do it through driving school adhering to law. That costs you maybe one full average month's pay or even more. If you do your final practical test in an automatic, your license is restricted to strictly only automatic and not much use. It would then be a federal crime to drive an MT. To upgrade an only-automatic license to MT, you must repeat the entire costly procedure...

I don't have much interest in what they offer today either, too much oversized fuel-waisting dinosaur style rubbish there.