Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air conditioning causing dash lights

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Air conditioning causing dash lights

So I started a new thread because I am onto something new.

When my AC cycles all the dash lights go off and everything seems ok, AC goes off and all the lights come back on. I have a wire on the AC pressure switch that has some insulation missing but I am not sure that is doing this, the connector I bought to replace it is wrong, of course. Any ideas?
    Misfire dissapears too when the AC cycles on.

PS Mods can delete the other thread everyone has been giving me help on if needed.

Last edited by The..me; 01-27-2024 at 03:31 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The..me View Post
    So I started a new thread because I am onto something new.

When my AC cycles all the dash lights go off and everything seems ok, AC goes off and all the lights come back on. I have a wire on the AC pressure switch that has some insulation missing but I am not sure that is doing this, the connector I bought to replace it is wrong, of course. Any ideas?
    Misfire dissapears too when the AC cycles on.
    That's no good.

PS Mods can delete the other thread everyone has been giving me help on if needed.
    Troubleshooting cars is difficult enough, over the internet is even more challenging. It might end up better to keep things all in one thread - we can change the title as needed. Let's see where this goes.

Sorry I can't be of much help. I mean, we might be neighbors, you might live in the other side of the state.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ashtabula

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ashtabula
    Dude you're in Johnny's backyard. I hope he chimes in here, he might be able to set things straight.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Dude you're in Johnny's backyard. I hope he chimes in here, he might be able to set things straight.
    Do these cras have a high and a low speed on the fan radiator? I have only seen high kicking on with AC

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do these cras have a high and a low speed on the fan radiator? I have only seen high kicking on with AC
    That's a good question. I think it's only one speed. It didn't operate much on mine.

Yes they do. The 14-15 rad fans have 4 wires and 17+ have 2. Glad to hear that you’re making headway! Have you tried adding some temporary(or permanent)ground wires from the battery to engine and to the body? One way or another ensuring all 3 are connected.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Never mind I see in your other thread that you already did that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Never mind I see in your other thread that you already did that.
    Actually I left the little wire blank that goes to the body and didn't hook it up on the new cable. Just didn't think it was super important with the engine ground being new guess I should hook it up I still have the misfire going on too, need to see if Autozone will let me borrow their code reader, I assume maybe it is going to be a coil pack, this is driving me crazy, when I turn the head lights on and the heater fan on and the compressor kicks on the power steering works, then when I turn the steering wheel the rest of the dash lights go off. Can't get any further, spent all day on this.

I got to those kick panel wires today too, everything looked really clean, i didn't use the magnifying glass method, I only have so many hours of daylight. I didn't get the new volt meter either, need to make sure that alternator isn't kicking out 15.5 volts. It could still be a broken wire by the manifiold too I guess that all was super clean too, I have seen some of the pics on here with the corrosion etc, I had zero of any of that. I am close to getting it towed to a shop. Could be the ECM still too just not controlling the alternator correctly. Wouldn't be the first one to ever get a bad new alternator either.
    Last edited by The..me; 01-28-2024 at 01:22 AM.

I don’t follow. Are you saying you replaced the ground cable at the battery but didn’t hook up the part that goes to the body? You’re gonna want to hook that up properly. I’d avoid autozone and consider contacting Johnny Mullet, like eggman mentioned and see if he may be able to help you out.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

foama (01-28-2024)