Thread: Cvtz50 x veepeak vp11 2024 mirage

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Cvtz50 x veepeak vp11 2024 mirage

Hey guys, so I took my car for its first oil change today, just shy of 2400 km. I had the techs capture the oil, they claimed to have captured 2.7 liters.. and they showed me a rather dark oil sample, and that the break in oil is naturally darker at an early interval? I'm hoping they didn't lie, they put mobil 1 (not sure which) in, and a bigger than OEM filter that was supposedly for a honda, idk exactly the model 🤣 I also received my veepeak scanner in the mail, so I did some data runs, my coolant wants to go to mid 90s? It's 6 Celsius Ambient... Ffs? Isn't that a bit hot?

Also transmission temp really don't climb at all!! It's ever so slowly creeping I saw it max out during my driving around for the day, (mind you I'm super mellow driver) at the 70 celsius mark. Will give you guys boatloads of data hopefully from my 3600 km trip coming up from that. Tomorrow I will be cold starting it and checking how fast it warms up, I'll make sure to engage the interior fan to activate the passive electric heater.

That's all I can remember to report right now 🤣 besides the now weird rattle from the dash which didn't exist off the delivery truck, I was really surprised how quiet it was tbh it's still relatively quiet blows my mind I'll be further sound proofing in the future, I guess they did refine it a bit, also little wind whistling, that the dealer said wasn't a leak? Lmao anyway I'm having that get sorted I was told it would take a day 🤔🤔 transmission I told them isn't the smoothest, (they said it's normal, and that it needs to learn) calling bs, I believe they lied to me and the tech actually reset the learning it had done and they didn't tell me, because it was "shifting" a bit wonky out of the dealer, which I am aware is normal to a certain extent, I am going to attempt to get a reading on the level sometime soon now that I have the ability to monitor temps. I highly suspect the CVT fluid level in the transmission is slightly low from the factory, and or they somehow didn't apply the latest software update on a 2024.. unlikely? But possible. Idk they said they checked for codes. So I'm hoping he also checked the versions. Ugh.. I'm sad. But at least I know she's got good engine oil in her now, nice and squeaky.

Ps, the interior scratches so easily... Omg... My ocd is going crazy with this car so far.

Thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2024mirage For This Useful Post:

Marklovski (02-18-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2024mirage View Post
    Hey guys, so I took my car for its first oil change today, just shy of 2400 km. I had the techs capture the oil, they claimed to have captured 2.7 liters.. and they showed me a rather dark oil sample, and that the break in oil is naturally darker at an early interval? I'm hoping they didn't lie, they put mobil 1 (not sure which) in, and a bigger than OEM filter that was supposedly for a honda, idk exactly the model 🤣 I also received my veepeak scanner in the mail, so I did some data runs, my coolant wants to go to mid 90s? It's 6 Celsius Ambient... Ffs? Isn't that a bit hot?

Also transmission temp really don't climb at all!! It's ever so slowly creeping I saw it max out during my driving around for the day, (mind you I'm super mellow driver) at the 70 celsius mark. Will give you guys boatloads of data hopefully from my 3600 km trip coming up from that. Tomorrow I will be cold starting it and checking how fast it warms up, I'll make sure to engage the interior fan to activate the passive electric heater.

That's all I can remember to report right now 🤣 besides the now weird rattle from the dash which didn't exist off the delivery truck, I was really surprised how quiet it was tbh it's still relatively quiet blows my mind I'll be further sound proofing in the future, I guess they did refine it a bit, also little wind whistling, that the dealer said wasn't a leak? Lmao anyway I'm having that get sorted I was told it would take a day 🤔🤔 transmission I told them isn't the smoothest, (they said it's normal, and that it needs to learn) calling bs, I believe they lied to me and the tech actually reset the learning it had done and they didn't tell me, because it was "shifting" a bit wonky out of the dealer, which I am aware is normal to a certain extent, I am going to attempt to get a reading on the level sometime soon now that I have the ability to monitor temps. I highly suspect the CVT fluid level in the transmission is slightly low from the factory, and or they somehow didn't apply the latest software update on a 2024.. unlikely? But possible. Idk they said they checked for codes. So I'm hoping he also checked the versions. Ugh.. I'm sad. But at least I know she's got good engine oil in her now, nice and squeaky.

Ps, the interior scratches so easily... Omg... My ocd is going crazy with this car so far.

Thanks!
    My dash makes new noises when it's extremely cold sometimes. I turn the radio up or just ignore it.

Those with extreme OCD probably shouldn't own anything. It's just a simple little car. Just use & enjoy it!

I think changing the factory engine oil early was a good move on your part. Most oil turns dark eventually. I wouldn't fret over it.

Thanks for sharing!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

2024mirage (02-19-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Hey guys, so I took my car for its first oil change today, just shy of 2400 km. I had the techs capture the oil, they claimed to have captured 2.7 liters.. and they showed me a rather dark oil sample, and that the break in oil is naturally darker at an early interval? I'm hoping they didn't lie, they put mobil 1 (not sure which) in, and a bigger than OEM filter that was supposedly for a honda, idk exactly the model �� I also received my veepeak scanner in the mail, so I did some data runs, my coolant wants to go to mid 90s? It's 6 Celsius Ambient... Ffs? Isn't that a bit hot?

That's all I can remember to report right now �� besides the now weird rattle from the dash which didn't exist off the delivery truck, I was really surprised how quiet it was tbh it's still relatively quiet blows my mind I'll be further sound proofing in the future, I guess they did refine it a bit, also little wind whistling, that the dealer said wasn't a leak? Lmao anyway I'm having that get sorted I was told it would take a day ���� transmission I told them isn't the smoothest, (they said it's normal, and that it needs to learn) calling bs, I believe they lied to me and the tech actually reset the learning it had done and they didn't tell me, because it was "shifting" a bit wonky out of the dealer, which I am aware is normal to a certain extent, I am going to attempt to get a reading on the level sometime soon now that I have the ability to monitor temps. I highly suspect the CVT fluid level in the transmission is slightly low from the factory, and or they somehow didn't apply the latest software update on a 2024.. unlikely? But possible. Idk they said they checked for codes. So I'm hoping he also checked the versions. Ugh.. I'm sad. But at least I know she's got good engine oil in her now, nice and squeaky.

Thanks!
    Quick question, not trying to offend anyone here but is this your first new car? Give it some time & patience and hopefully your concerns will work out eventually.

Perhaps the service department applied some software updates, or maybe reset some stuff. Drive it and see how things work, it might just be fine. Don't be quick to assume the worst in others, especially service shops. Some (not all) mechanics are conscientious & diligent - not all are jerks.

Here's hoping for many uneventful kilometers for you & your Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

2024mirage (02-19-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yes, it's my first new car, but it's not my first car by any means, and sad to say that 95 percent of shops and dealerships are rotten, and will try to screw people, I have been to countless shops and dealerships. Most of them lie. I do know some honest places at my destination 3600 km away, where I am currently I'm completely in the dark hence my mistrust, and I've caught everyone I dealt with from dealer to shop in a lie one way or another. I am rather well versed when it comes to the automotive industry, so I can definitely pick up on a lie.. the reason I am very thorough and meticulous is A to provide the forum with information, and B I want to give this car the best chance to make it 20+ years. That is the sad truth of the automotive service and sales industry in Canada from what I have experienced in my 10 ish years owning and operating vehicles of all kinds.

I do see what you're saying tho.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Yes, it's my first new car, but it's not my first car by any means, and sad to say that 95 percent of shops and dealerships are rotten, and will try to screw people, I have been to countless shops and dealerships. Most of them lie. I do know some honest places at my destination 3600 km away, where I am currently I'm completely in the dark hence my mistrust, and I've caught everyone I dealt with from dealer to shop in a lie one way or another. I am rather well versed when it comes to the automotive industry, so I can definitely pick up on a lie.. the reason I am very thorough and meticulous is A to provide the forum with information, and B I want to give this car the best chance to make it 20+ years. That is the sad truth of the automotive service and sales industry in Canada from what I have experienced in my 10 ish years owning and operating vehicles of all kinds.

I do see what you're saying tho.
    I would never trust my nearest Mitsubishi dealership to work on my Mirage. I have several small town local mechanics that I trust, but nothing beats doing some things myself.

I am quite impressed with the Mirage/G4, but I am not impressed by the Mitsubishi dealership network. If my state of Wisconsin has a good one, I am not aware of one after 6+ years. I would have to travel 4 hours to a neighboring state to find one I would trust, too.

A local Mitsubishi dealership is not touching my Mirage unless it's free warranty or recall work. Even at that point, I would have reservations. My best vehicles have been ones that never needed a trip back to a dealership. My Mirage had one recall early on that I was able to address while passing through the area of the dealership I trust. I don't sense my Mirage will have anything else to address before it reaches 10 years or 100,000 miles at this point now. That makes me happy!

I understand your reservations. I have seen good dealerships. Not all are bad, but it's wise to be cautious just the same!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

2024mirage (02-19-2024),mohammad (02-19-2024)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lmao crazy I just bought CVTz50 and the Veepeak mini yesterday morning

Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

2024mirage (02-19-2024)