Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drl to fog light?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Drl to fog light?

Hey, I am wondering if I can just plug and play an led bulb in place of those DRLs? In the fog light housing?

Edit I want a brighter led bulb in place of the drl.. anyone know the bulb number?

Last edited by 2024mirage; 02-19-2024 at 06:40 AM.

Yea and no. I’ll have to go through my pics. I pulled a drl bulb from a 2023 the other day and it looked like you might be able to stuff a fog light bulb in its place but the connector is different(iirc). The proper fog light connector appeared to be close by though. If you go did get dog lights activated and ditched the drl you may run into issues with Johnny law or inspectors not having functioning drl. Some
    Mirages came with both fog and drl bulbs in the same housing. I don’t think they were available in the Canada market though.

Edit: I just reread your post. And yea I don’t see why you couldn’t pull the drl bulb and stick a led bulb in its place.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

2024mirage (02-20-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yea and no. I’ll have to go through my pics. I pulled a drl bulb from a 2023 the other day and it looked like you might be able to stuff a fog light bulb in its place but the connector is different(iirc). The proper fog light connector appeared to be close by though. If you go did get dog lights activated and ditched the drl you may run into issues with Johnny law or inspectors not having functioning drl. Some
    Mirages came with both fog and drl bulbs in the same housing. I don’t think they were available in the Canada market though.

Edit: I just reread your post. And yea I don’t see why you couldn’t pull the drl bulb and stick a led bulb in its place.
    You've always said "reading is hard" & his original post was two sentences (not quite two full ones, but close).

I'm just yanking your chain & nothing more! Your edit made me chuckle a bit. Thanks for that!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

2024mirage (02-20-2024),Fummins (02-18-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Oh pls pls let me know what kind of bulb it is if you get the chance!!

Ty

Country
    Poland
    Thanks
    I have used P13W LED bulbs, here's a link to a Polish Amazon like website, I am sure you can find plenty of them on Amazon or Ebay
    https://allegro.pl/oferta/zarowki-le...ar-10533600400

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2021 Space Star Intense SDA 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bunio14 For This Useful Post:

2024mirage (02-19-2024)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You guys and your crappy LED lights. I don't want to judge, but these LED lights are garbage and don't last. As a CB radio guy, LED lamps cause RF interference also. There was a guy on the Geo Metro forum who retrofitted every light in his car with LED and in less than a year he was replacing random bulbs almost weekly.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

2024mirage (02-20-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    You guys and your crappy LED lights. I don't want to judge, but these LED lights are garbage and don't last. As a CB radio guy, LED lamps cause RF interference also. There was a guy on the Geo Metro forum who retrofitted every light in his car with LED and in less than a year he was replacing random bulbs almost weekly.
    My 2017 Mirage was built in January of 2017 (making it 7 years old). I haven't touched a single light bulb on my Mirage. I bought a pair of spare (normal halogen) headlights years ago, and they've been just sitting inside my spare tire all this time. I may regret saying this, & everything may blow up later today!

I can't justify replacing something that still works, but that's me. I'm cheap!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

2024mirage (02-20-2024)

I have led headlights in my truck and van. They work great. I've never had issues with them or noticed any interference(I don't CB) but I have had interference problems using led(and fluorescent spiral style) bulbs in garage door openers.

I've changed 100's more halogen tail light bulbs(2015) than I have led(2017+) so there is that. If you have a 2017 or newer Mirage, try and replace your tail light bulb. You can't.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

2024mirage (02-20-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My 2017 Mirage was built in January of 2017 (making it 7 years old). I haven't touched a single light bulb on my Mirage. I bought a pair of spare (normal halogen) headlights years ago, and they've been just sitting inside my spare tire all this time. I may regret saying this, & everything may blow up later today!

I can't justify replacing something that still works, but that's me. I'm cheap!
    My 2020 Mirage was built in January of 2020 (making it 4 years old). I haven't touched a single light bulb on my Mirage. I did not buy a pair of spare (normal halogen) headlights years ago, so they've not been just sitting inside any spare tire cause I don't have one. I may regret saying this, & everything may blow up later today!

I can't justify replacing something that still works, but that's me. I'm cheaper than Mark!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

2024mirage (02-20-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    My 2020 Mirage was built in January of 2020 (making it 4 years old). I haven't touched a single light bulb on my Mirage. I did not buy a pair of spare (normal halogen) headlights years ago, so they've not been just sitting inside any spare tire cause I don't have one. I may regret saying this, & everything may blow up later today!

I can't justify replacing something that still works, but that's me. I'm cheaper than Mark!
    I bought the cheapest Sylvania & Philips halogen headlights available. When one of my factory headlights goes out, I was going to replace both at the same time & see if one brand lasts longer than the other. At this rate, I may not know the answer for another 10 years!

Last edited by Mark; 02-20-2024 at 07:36 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

2024mirage (02-20-2024)