Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Drl to fog light?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
    The mirage es 2023 in canada has fog lights you can clearly see them in the picture.
    Everything you have shared in the past indicate you don't have fog lights.

Quoting you from another thread -
    ------------------------------

"I have the same model year car and the same issue.

There is some kind of bug where the fog lights and the headlights cannot turn on at the same time. Once you turn the headlights on the fog lights turn off.

In addition to adding cruise control, I am also going to try to change the ecu setting that creates this restriction.

The best part of fog lights is having them on with the headlights!"

---------------------------------

DRL are not fog lights. Day running lights are designed to shut off when the headlights come on. DRLs become useless when the headlights are on, & it extends their life by turning off. Everything you described is how DRL would work on most any car.

Fog lights must work in unison with low beam headlights. In my state, it would be illegal to drive in the fog without your low beam headlights on. Thus, it is mandated by law that fog lights must work in unison with low beam headlights. Driving with fog lights alone in the fog would be illegal in my state.

Mandated DRLs are lights you cannot control, and that is what you have in your fog light receptacle. If you had fog lights, you would be able to turn them on & off at will. You have DRLs that simply go off when your headlights are turned on, & you have no control over that (because it's a government mandate for your country).

You maintain your Mirage has fog lights. Does your fog light switch turn your fog lights on or off?

Last edited by Mark; 03-25-2024 at 05:00 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The mirage es 2023 in canada has fog lights you can clearly see them in the picture.
    Do you have 2 bulbs in each what you call "fog light" housing or only 1??? Just wondering???
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Poland
    Thanks
    Sometimes a picture is worth thousand words... just saying

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2021 Space Star Intense SDA 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bunio14 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-26-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Do you have 2 bulbs in each what you call "fog light" housing or only 1??? Just wondering???
    Just one. We have a 2023 SE and a 2023 GT. The gt has functional fog lights and the drl are fancy led lights in the headlight housings, the SE is like sunbeams car and the drl are dim bulbs in the fog light location. The connector looks different from the normal fog light pigtail iirc but I think a normal fog light bulb might fit in the same hole. THere's only one bulb in these housings. I don't know which markets came with 2 bulbs. I'm sure if sunbeam was to install the fog/drl housings with two bulbs(fog and drl) and activated fogs then life could carry on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Just one. We have a 2023 SE and a 2023 GT. The gt has functional fog lights and the drl are fancy led lights in the headlight housings, the SE is like sunbeams car and the drl are dim bulbs in the fog light location. The connector looks different from the normal fog light pigtail iirc but I think a normal fog light bulb might fit in the same hole. THere's only one bulb in these housings. I don't know which markets came with 2 bulbs. I'm sure if sunbeam was to install the fog/drl housings with two bulbs(fog and drl) and activated fogs then life could carry on.
    Tried to activate with the autel maxys. Was able to see the fog light activation option but it would not let me write a new option saying "active".

Thinking about paying for some kind of cracked software.

Tried to activate with the autel maxys. Was able to see the fog light activation option but it would not let me write a new option saying "active".

Thinking about paying for some kind of cracked software.
    Weird. I haven't played with our 2023 at work. I'll have to give it a go, I was able to activate rear fog lights on my 2014's. At least got the indicator to light up on the cluster.
    Have you tried the procedure that some have used with the add-on fog light kit that some have installed in the US? I think the instructions are posted around the forum, it involved opening and closing door iirc? Maybe they locked out the ability to add fog lights in the later model canucky Mirages? It's weird that only the GT's have them now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Weird. I haven't played with our 2023 at work. I'll have to give it a go, I was able to activate rear fog lights on my 2014's. At least got the indicator to light up on the cluster.
    Have you tried the procedure that some have used with the add-on fog light kit that some have installed in the US? I think the instructions are posted around the forum, it involved opening and closing door iirc? Maybe they locked out the ability to add fog lights in the later model canucky Mirages? It's weird that only the GT's have them now.
    Ok so, from what I am reading in the software, there is a lag with the new car cracks, ie about 5 years behind in the software. So it could be possible that you are seeing a write function on yours but mine is too new for the autel device.

We tried every menu that we could see and could not seem to activate the "write" command. It would just show the current settings and write an exact unchanged copy.

When you go into the "mdpi" settings, can you actually click and select on a dropdown menu for the fields? for me it shows the field but not menu to change.

This could be resolved with time, or perhaps they are locked somehow.

There are "cracked" versions online, but who knows if that is scam or not, probably going to give it a shot on a weekend sometime.

In terms of the physical items, was not so much worried about this because everything is so open, was planning on researching the best light and installing.

If you have any recommendations would be great to try.

To me, I want to have the software on before switching the bulbs/housing around.

At least we can confirm the OPT number on the 2023 mirage es 5mt canadian models is C31.

Ok so, from what I am reading in the software, there is a lag with the new car cracks, ie about 5 years behind in the software. So it could be possible that you are seeing a write function on yours but mine is too new for the autel device.

We tried every menu that we could see and could not seem to activate the "write" command. It would just show the current settings and write an exact unchanged copy.

When you go into the "mdpi" settings, can you actually click and select on a dropdown menu for the fields? for me it shows the field but not menu to change.

This could be resolved with time, or perhaps they are locked somehow.

There are "cracked" versions online, but who knows if that is scam or not, probably going to give it a shot on a weekend sometime.

In terms of the physical items, was not so much worried about this because everything is so open, was planning on researching the best light and installing.

If you have any recommendations would be great to try.

To me, I want to have the software on before switching the bulbs/housing around.

At least we can confirm the OPT number on the 2023 mirage es 5mt canadian models is C31.
    Hard to say. I have access to 2014(mine) and 2015,17,18,19 and 2023 models. I'll try to mess with the 2023 SE next time I have it in for service if I have time. I usually don't have much time with that car. Initially my scanner was never updated for years. It came with one year of free updates and I got by for a long time just scanning generic obdII codes with it lol. By the time I tried getting the free update through autel it was a circus cause it was so far behind, they had to remote desktop my computer and didn't want to send the files. I recently updated it again a few months ago so it's gonna stay up to date whenever I take it home(no wifi at work) for the next few more months at least. I don't know how far behind it'll be with the newer cars. When I got it in 2014 I couldn't scan brand new anything at the time cause the scanner was a year behind it's updates when new.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hard to say. I have access to 2014(mine) and 2015,17,18,19 and 2023 models. I'll try to mess with the 2023 SE next time I have it in for service if I have time. I usually don't have much time with that car. Initially my scanner was never updated for years. It came with one year of free updates and I got by for a long time just scanning generic obdII codes with it lol. By the time I tried getting the free update through autel it was a circus cause it was so far behind, they had to remote desktop my computer and didn't want to send the files. I recently updated it again a few months ago so it's gonna stay up to date whenever I take it home(no wifi at work) for the next few more months at least. I don't know how far behind it'll be with the newer cars. When I got it in 2014 I couldn't scan brand new anything at the time cause the scanner was a year behind it's updates when new.
    Scanner is saying it is current, updated last month. Thing is on paid subscription.
    Maybe I am looking in the wrong menu on the device.

I'll try to bring mine home tonight and play around and maybe vijeo how I get into the menu to change it. See if it's the same one you're using. I think the update I have was good for an entire year so I can keep updating it as new stuff comes out.