Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rear brakes after 10 years and 100000km

Country
    Poland
    Thanks
    Speaking of rear brakes, I know it's a tiny light car but the drum breaks remind me cars from the 80s or older, was quite a hassle to service them, anyways.. to the point. Did anyone try to do the conversion from drum to discs? I did something like this in my old Fiat Panda, got the parts from wrecked Fiat 500 Abarth if not mistaken.
    Is it doable with Mitsu as well? If yes - which model would be the best donor? I know it might not be worth it, I simply like to upgrade/improve things if possible

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2021 Space Star Intense SDA 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by bunio14 View Post
    Speaking of rear brakes, I know it's a tiny light car but the drum breaks remind me cars from the 80s or older, was quite a hassle to service them, anyways.. to the point. Did anyone try to do the conversion from drum to discs? I did something like this in my old Fiat Panda, got the parts from wrecked Fiat 500 Abarth if not mistaken.
    Is it doable with Mitsu as well? If yes - which model would be the best donor? I know it might not be worth it, I simply like to upgrade/improve things if possible
    There’s a guy with a turbo that has rear discs. In peurto Rico I believe. Used parts from a lancer I believe

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Poland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    There’s a guy with a turbo that has rear discs. In peurto Rico I believe. Used parts from a lancer I believe
    Turbo in this tin can? OMG.. I would start with the roll cage, invest in brakes and only then put a turbo. Respect

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2021 Space Star Intense SDA 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    If mine were converted to rear discs, the discs themselves would probably be rusted to pieces in no time, because I hardly ever need to apply brakes.

Turbo in this tin can? OMG.. I would start with the roll cage, invest in brakes and only then put a turbo. Respect
    https://youtube.com/shorts/_bOZ4gjGu...5-bQdTnOcp8Id0 looks like he used 07 lancer raliart brakes

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

bunio14 (03-21-2024)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I applaud your work. and your operation.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My daily driver is a 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 RCSB pickup. She has 290K km on the clock and still on the original brakes front and rear. Use the E-brake routinely so it remains functional. Over 70% front pad left and nearly 90% on the rear.

I hardly ever use the brakes either. LOL. But we do service them several times year including keeping the fluid fresh. Clean, and grease as needed. Rotors are mint.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Your Lucky, here In the "Salt Belt" of Ontario, you would be in your 6 or 7th set of brakes & have had the box sides & cab corners all replaced on a 10 year old truck "cus here, Salt is cheeper then plowing

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

BigMW (03-22-2024)