Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cvtz50 app has two deterioration date methods

Country
    Iran
    Thanks

Question Cvtz50 app has two deterioration date methods

Idk what they mean but I wanted to see how bad is the fluid so I connected my obd device and see two methods
    Method 1: 24606
    Method 2: 393706
    What does all these mean and which one is more importantName:  IMG_7073.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  81.0 KB

I don't know how they come with oil deterioration. I ignore all that and try to replace fluid at mileage intervals instead. I don't reset degredation/deteriotion numbers either.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Iran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I don't know how they come with oil deterioration. I ignore all that and try to replace fluid at mileage intervals instead. I don't reset degredation/deteriotion numbers either.
    Yeah that’s a safe bet but idk why the second number is so high like the car only has 37k km so it’s basically at first fluid change interval so basically the number is never reseted and shouldn’t be that high

cvt connoisseur, of sorts OrganicFoxes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah I have noticed this too. I don't really know exactly what the level really means, I have noticed it goes up faster the hotter the fluid is though. I just reset it after each trans service because I know at least in Nissans it starts a new learning process for the new fluid. Not sure if the TCM even has adaptive learning in the mirage and to what extent that helps the life of the trans by resetting it with new fluid, BUTTTTTTT I just do it anyways.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Iran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicFoxes View Post
    Not sure if the TCM even has adaptive learning in the mirage and to what extent that helps the life of the trans by resetting it with new fluid, BUTTTTTTT I just do it anyways.
    Yeah I’m gonna reset it too after fluid change cause I already have the app and the obd adaptor so what is the harm in it.
    But I actually suspect that maybe my car mileage has been reduced because I had it since 16k km and the number is just really high
    Btw a quick question what is your cvt runtime? Mine is 2700 hours which is also sus cause the car has 37k km although in city and traffic but thats a damn lot of hours.

Country
    Poland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Quick one, I intend to change the CVT oil every 60k km / 30k miles. Are you changing both filter every time the oil is changed? I would do so but the one in the oil pan is a bit of pain in the ass I guess. Anyways, was just curious.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2021 Space Star Intense SDA 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Iran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bunio14 View Post
    Quick one, I intend to change the CVT oil every 60k km / 30k miles. Are you changing both filter every time the oil is changed? I would do so but the one in the oil pan is a bit of pain in the ass I guess. Anyways, was just curious.
    Mate 30k miles isn’t 60k km it is 48k km
    Btw I’m gonna change mine at 40K km because I am a bit heavy on car and actually push the car so I want to be a bit safe

Lately I just do a drain and fill on these cars.

I used to change the paper cartridge filter(on the side) once in a while. Maybe every third or fourth change but i haven't changed one in years. The filter/strainer in the pan is just a fine mesh screen so I didn't change that one very often. Oddly enough the highest mileage cvt in the fleet has 538k km and it's never had a filter changed. I've just done a bunch of changes via drain plug for the most part. I had driver complain of surging on the highway so I dropped the pan and cleaned out the valve body a while back. It's been in use as the loaner car for the past year or so with no complaints so it's either working fine or nobody is telling me it's acting up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

bunio14 (03-26-2024)

Country
    Poland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nimas1377 View Post
    Mate 30k miles isn’t 60k km it is 48k km
    Yup, you are right - my bad!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2021 Space Star Intense SDA 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Iran
    Thanks
    Yup, you are right - my bad!
    Yeah just wanted to make sure you don’t miss it if your car is in km