Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: first post, got some questions about the mirage (hatch vs sedan)?

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Fummins....not sure, is the first part refering to working on the x1 or mirage?
    I think x1 has timing chain. Spark plug placement is not too bad. For me it's the billion-and-one sensors that are on this thing. That's what i like about the mirage...simple, less-is-more approach. I don't need Touch-screens, keyless starting, no tpms sensors, no leather seats needed, and i prefer no sun/moon roof. I just want electric doors, windows and A/C. That's it, that's all.
    As a side question....the mirage had timing chains, not belt...correct?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Fummins...forgot to ask..
    So you get about 500-500km on a tank? Wow! How long does it last...a week? How much fuel do you put in to fill up?
    Gas prices here went up quickly...about $173/L! It costs me between 120-140$/week of premium fuel!!

Quote Originally Posted by fabchef View Post
    Fummins...forgot to ask..
    So you get about 500-500km on a tank? Wow! How long does it last...a week? How much fuel do you put in to fill up?
    Gas prices here went up quickly...about $173/L! It costs me between 120-140$/week of premium fuel!!
    I get two weeks to a tank. My commute is around 20km one way. It takes 31L everytime I fill up, when the last bar of the gauge starts to blink. Yeah, gas was $1.42 earlier this week, now jumped to $1.50/L. With prices now, it'll still cost me under $100/month in fuel.
    And, my previous post was half a joke. I was on my phone and didn't make that clear as I thought I did looking back.

Yes, they have a timing chain. And for sensors, I've never had to replace one on the fleet cars. I had to replace an oil pressure sensor in my car cause I drowned it one time and filled the engine and gas tank with river water...It was still pretty quick and easy, even thought the intake manifold had to come off. These are two different cars, 524k is a 2015, the other one below that is a 2017 with 536k on it now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Fummins....sorry, i just fell on the floor...$100 in gas/month!!!!!!!!!! Wow!
    I just calculated it to about $500/month on my lexus! Holy smokes, that's amazing!!!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yes had come across the engine tear down, they seem to be built tough, these little engines!

Fummins....sorry, i just fell on the floor...$100 in gas/month!!!!!!!!!! Wow!
    I just calculated it to about $500/month on my lexus! Holy smokes, that's amazing!!!
    Yeah, I was driving my delica for a while this winter and it cost $70/week at least. I went back to the Mirage and thought the fuel gauge was broken cause I drove it for 3 days and it didn't move. Even at $1.73/L it'd be $54/fill.
    Here's the fuel log for my car. It got bad mileage the last few fill ups cause it was cold when I drove it last. And the June 11mpg was when I siphoned the water/fuel from the tank on a camping trip gone wrong.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (03-29-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Fummins...wow, it's really good milage. It costs me about 2.5x as much as you/week! I think i would save between 4-5000$/ year on gas with the mirage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    I think i would save between 4-5000$/ year on gas with the mirage!
    Wow, that's kinda sad. I wouldn't like giving that much of my money to a gas company. And just think of how many others are in the same situation. It's like an addiction.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Wow, that's kinda sad. I wouldn't like giving that much of my money to a gas company. And just think of how many others are in the same situation. It's like an addiction.
    You'd never know you were a Tesla person But, I agree that is a lot of money/month in fuel.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You'd never know you were a Tesla person
    Is that a bad thing?

I mean, it applies to you as well. You had just posted earlier how much you are saving driving your Mirage. It's a factor for all of us here.

For me, this addiction to oil is like owing on a loan. I don't like to be beholden to anyone or anything. I'm sure you can understand.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)