Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitsubishi dealer experience for a Mirage DE w/ C.V.T. at $15,000 sticker price

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    In our case, it wasn't technically a direct trade-in; the dealership had a ready buyer for our 10-year old Mitsubishi, and part of the proceeds from that transaction served as the down payment for our Mirage. The rest of the amount was secured via bank loan.
    The dealership purchased mine from me as payment towards my deposit on my mirage with 250 in hand and the 600 from the car, then submitted the paperwork to the bank using mine, and my wife's financial information/utilities so the situation wasn't (too) different. The only real problem I see here is that the dealership you were working with is trying to stake claim that the purchaser disagreed to the amount specified or "requested" and is trying to swindle you out of money.
    99.999~% of the time a dealership will NOT have a buyer on hand for a vehicle unless said buyer owns a junkyard, and here's the reason: Lemon Law.
    The dealership will have to inspect the car to a certain amount of standards before they could even ATTEMPT to legally sell that car to anyone else regardless of what you say does/doesn't work, or what's "apparent." **ADDENDUM** This law does NOT apply to cars in which it's clearly stated that the car is new on the lot, and has NOT been inspected beyond what's mentioned. - but who do you know (besides mechanics/junkyard owners) that would buy a car off the lot like that?

It just sounds like they're trying to be closed minded, or jip you to me if the car's in relatively decent condition and they're willing to move. I'd suggest moving along to another dealership (perhaps a "mom 'n pop" (not something like Reagor Dykes Mitsubishi (where I bought mine from, although independently operated notice that it says MITSUBISHI...this means that they are a conglomerate) You need to be looking for something more along the lines of "XXXXX Auto" without a specific manufacturer tie (yes, believe it or not smaller shops CAN still sell new cars.)

Or even perhaps just try other dealerships within your area as aforementioned. You really would be surprised how much the "value" of your car will value in the reps eyes.

One way or another you'll find someone hard up on their commission for the month and you'll get a good foot in the door. Catch them early in the month when the only thing that's certain for their revenue is that they need sales ^_^ Work the system, after all, they work you every shot they get; so why not do the same?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    Went to dealer to see what our trade is worth and were very disappointed . They deducted the $1,000 factory rebate and additional $1,000 from the trade in value they offered , leaving us to pay the full price , not going to happen . E-mailed them back with trade in values from KBB , NADA , and EDMUNDS. KBB and NADA being $900 higher than they're number and NADA lower by about $400 . Haven't heard a word . Hope this isn't a standard practice at other Mitsubishi dealers . If so , won't help the sales .
    I hate to say it, you may have also gotten confused from all the paperwork. Rebates come off the bottom line and not the trade in! You should have them send you via email all the numbers so you could look them over. I have worked at three diff dealerships and we don't use blue book to estimate trade ins. People bring print outs all the time of what they think there car is worth. Dealerships use black book, and in my particular case a computer software program where we type in the vin and see exactly what other dealers have paid for identical cars. Blue book doesn't adjust enough for miles, repairs, or condition. Black book is a lot more detailed about location the car will be selling, season, ect ect. My best advice is see what the best deal you can get is without a trade, and then tell them you wanna trade in!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yes , know the number crunching . We'vebeen buying new cars for 25+ years .