Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rear wheel alignment (DIY solution)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    I may sounds like a complete noob by asking this question but shouldnt the post alignment test result be showing completely green in every aspect? No red nor yellow as shown on the pre alignment test?

Green: passed (within specs)
    Yellow: neutral
    Red: failed (out of specs)

I find the post test result odd.

Heck my recent alignment test result at dealer is nearly identical and they said it was adjusted to factory specifications. I am not convinced it accurately done as I am inclined to give a below score on the CSR survey provided by Mitsu.

Thought?
    If everything were adjustable you would be correct. But nothing in the rear is and castor in the front is not.

That said, what can be adjust should be in MID spec and EVEN. These guys are just looking for green. Ergo you get in IN SPEC alignment but not an ON SPEC alignment. They don't care. They sell tires, not buy them for you.

That front camber finished is inexcusable.

Last edited by Grumpy Bear; 04-18-2024 at 11:46 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
    Hello all,

Have noted in prior posts a whistling sound, went in for my post winter brake service, turns out that the rear alignment is severely off and out of spec, as others have noted.

Did not consider a warranty claim because as others have noted, there is a 90-100% risk of rear axle misalignment from the factory for these mirages.

Posting this video of a possible solution to the rear wheel alignment problem.

Before:

Attachment 26956

After:

Attachment 26957

Video:

Hi all, just put 1,600km down on brand new tyres, rear alignment, frame stiffeners, and ruthenium spark plugs.

Noticing better fuel economy even though the tyres are all weathers (more tread). Car was also much easier to drive, I put down my fastest point to point times on my trip.

Will update on alignment specs when I stop by mechanic again.

The final camber is slightly adjusted for road crown.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I remember having to replace a pair of bias ply tires literally on a MONTHLY basis.

Of course, when your powerplant is over 500 hp the temptation to light up the rears when you were leaving the local burger drive in joint at midnight on a hot sultry July night is strong. Too strong to resist. Even the doubled up return springs on your Holly 850 double pumper would yield to the pressure from your right foot.

That road was one solid BLACK stripe like the launch area of a top fuel dragstrip. I miss those nights.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)