Thread: Rear speaker wiring

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Rear speaker wiring

Hi guys, I ended up getting the base model mirage, here in Aus it only comes with front speakers Before I go rip the door apart does anyone know if in the base model the speaker wiring is already there for the rear? I'm hoping it's all there minus the speakers but knowing my luck I'll have to run wiring.

Cheers in advance

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilbo View Post
    Hi guys, I ended up getting the base model mirage, here in Aus it only comes with front speakers Before I go rip the door apart does anyone know if in the base model the speaker wiring is already there for the rear? I'm hoping it's all there minus the speakers but knowing my luck I'll have to run wiring.

Cheers in advance
    I would assume that the wiring is in fact NOT there. Based on my experience with an ES (has rear speakers) and the fact that I know they use a proprietary plug for their "custom speakers" which are encased in their own fitted box made specifically for that door I do NOT see them putting wiring where it's not necessary for that model.
    That would be extra work as I am pretty sure all of that is hand inserted during the assembly, and it's a completely seperate wire.
    The good news, however is that the stock radio on all models (not the navigation, but the other "basic" one) has rear outputs on it. Whether or not they covered them, blocked them off etc. is just something you'll have to figure out.
    There's a thread somewhere on the forums of a user that removed their faceplate, and also wiring diagrams (although they're not in the best of quality even at a large scale as the text is highly illegible)

One thing worth noting though, when I ran a subwoofer with a crossover I did notice that I had to reverse the sub's output goingn to the right speaker as the left went in as it should, and worked fine, but for some reason not crossing the cables caused a mild amount of distortion (this may have been due to my negligence when I was setting up the dual voice coil on the crossover as I rebuilt it myself, BUT I'm just informing you that IF you do get some feedback issues, try reversing the signal from negative, and positive, and see if that helps. The electronic signal in these systems is low enough to where it won't do any real "damage" so long as you have the system turned down.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dracconus For This Useful Post:

Jilbo (04-07-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Filipino community would have more input on this. I'll try to research when I get a minute.