Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting problem

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Unhappy Starting problem

My Mirage 1.2 Gls mt won't start. The car is only a month old. We called and asked the dealer what to do. She asked us to removed the battery from the car and bring it to the nearest Mitusbishi Service center (Manila, Philippines). I was wondering what could be the problem? Is it really the battery? How long does a battery lasts for keyless cars? I need advise please.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Have you tried bump starting it with the car in gear? Does the starter turn when you hit the start button?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    How to do that? Sorry, very new to handle a keyless car. Our previous car is simple and all manual.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...=Bump+starting

Does the car make noise when you push the start button? Do your headlights work?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fifteenwindow View Post
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...=Bump+starting

Does the car make noise when you push the start button? Do your headlights work?
    There are no headlights and no noise at all.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sounds like a dead battery. Do you have a way to charge it?

Check the battery connections. One may have come loose. Be very careful, as batteries can throw sparks if the terminals touch the wrong things. If you aren't comfortable around batteries, maybe you can get help from a friend.

When you get your battery charged and installed back into your car, look for something drawing electricity from your battery (interior/trunk lights on is a common one).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fifteenwindow For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-06-2014)

Country
    Panama
    Thanks
    Seems to me like you left the lights on in your car or something and your battery died. Try to find someone to jump-start your car with jumper cables. This also happened to me after only owning the car two months. I always carry jumper cables under the passenger seat because I do things like this too. lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There is no way to leave the park/headlights on for the PBS cars as when you turn the car off and open the driver's door, the lights shut off.

There is a chance they left the dome light on.

I don't think push-starting a car with a dead battery would work because there's no way to put the car on ACC (green light) if the car's battery is zombie-dead.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    just want to bump this thread. my car isn't starting and once I press the button to start while stepped on the clutch it wont start. the lights turns on, but haven't tried my Headlight, radio works etc.

when I pres start I hear a multiple tik sound tik tik tik tik tik! then I tried to wait and remove the negative of the batt and reconnect then goes the same then when I press start same and sometimes its like its out of breath! lolz

I was able to use my car last night and haven't got any starting issues. Its just this morning when I tried to start it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Mitsumi, how's your battery? Did you measure it's voltage while using headlights and/or starting the engine?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)