Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CVT aux filter O-Ring part number?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

CVT aux filter O-Ring part number?

Just finished replacing filters in my CVT transmission, but the O-Ring for the auxiliary filter housing is bad. I need a replacement.

Anyone know what the mitsubishi part number is? Or at least what I need to tell the dealer to look it up and get the right thing?

Or any other sources? Or heck, any details on the size of O-ring I should get? Might be able to order a custom one if I have to. I'm told the one from Cobra won't fit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...vehicle)/page4
    See post #33

It took a few times to get our dealer to figure out they even had filters. We were able to order filters and the orings though. Can't remember the part numbers. Should make a sticky one day with the oem numbers, it'd probably save a lot of frustration getting a deer in the headlights look from behind Mitsu parts counter.
    Last edited by Fummins; 09-04-2018 at 10:45 PM. Reason: derp

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

26612 is the mitsu part number. I think? My eyes suck.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yep that should be it! Thanks a bunch!

That metal mesh that the filter slips over, does that come out with the filter? I'm hoping I didn't end up losing it.

Unfortunately, I have to get someone else to fix this all for me because I'm away from the car and my wife (who is with the car) doesn't know anything about auto repairs. Been a fun day... And I thought I was being a great guy swapping the filters and putting in fresh fluid. Didn't have enough to do the job though, so it didn't leak when I left and I left her to top it off. And then... squirt...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    What did I just find?

I hope it's virus free... Because I think this might just be really, really, really useful...

http://mmc-manuals.ru/Downloads#Mits..._ASA_v.1.8.0.0

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shepd For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-04-2018),inuvik (09-05-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    So, ummm, yeah, that worked. Had to copy the ini file it moaned about to C:\windows.

2921A010 - The O-Ring!
    2921A011 - The Filter!

That's the secret sauce. To unpack click the left button from the two buttons showing. I have no idea what it says. I hope you chose the North American software. Enter your vin. Click the powertrain icon. Open up A/T Valve body. Add the parts you want by double clicking their number. Now you get the real part numbers.

This app makes me feel like the Mitsubishi parts god! Nobody can stop me now!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shepd For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-12-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    If that link for the MUT III software is legit then that’s the keys to the kingdom so to speak.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Anyone here speak enough Russian to ask them nicely? I don't, sadly. But the rest of what's on there is pretty nice. Grabbed a labour time manual too. That will at least tell me how much Mitsu will charge me for work before I waste my time asking, just in case I don't feel like doing a job myself.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Another part number for the O-Ring: 2921A006

12. The Following User Says Thank You to shepd For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-05-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by shepd View Post
    Yep that should be it! Thanks a bunch!

That metal mesh that the filter slips over, does that come out with the filter? I'm hoping I didn't end up losing it.

Yeah the filter in that pic came apart in pieces. The end cap stayed inside the housing. That sucks about the leak, it's super easy to have the oring slip out and tear when putting it together. I've had good luck the first few I've changed but the last couple leaked. One did instantly on startup and the other car puked everywhere after a day of driving.