Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
Give us a update with your driving impressions on how it handles and rides and if you notice any fuel economy reductions.
Overall, aside from steering response that is a little less sharp immediately off center (probably due to the additional sidewall height) the car just feels more composed and substantial overall. They're MUCH quieter, don't immediately squeal if you throw the car into a corner and more grip. We haven't put a whole tank through it yet but MPG seems to be about the same based on the trip computer. It is super hot here, though, so I haven't driven it any without the A/C on. I was able to get mid 50s out in the country on the old tires with the A/C off and will report back later if that is no longer the case.

Basically it feels like all of the compromises in the original tires that are there to eke out the most MPG possible are gone (loud, harsh, no grip). There are slightly more random jitters from road imperfections but larger impacts are much less harsh. There are no weird resonances or humming at different speeds like I have had with cheaper tires in the past.

They are not sporty tires by any means and I would not want them on something like a Civic Si. But on a car like the Mirage, with modest power, soft suspension and little noise insulation, a smoother ride and less noise are just what we wanted. And now it doesn't spin the inside tire when pulling out into traffic in the rain or set off the stability control when going around corners at normal speeds, which is nice.