Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Ultra Racing group buy. Post here if you're interested.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Good question!

My 2 cents: the wide spacing of the 2 bolts per side removes the need for additional mounting points.

BUT... it would be easy enough to test:

If the gap between the corner of the bar and the torsion beam changes when one side is compressed and the other unloaded, then adding additional brackets & bushings to attach the bar to the beam would stiffen it even more.
    The only issue with adding more points of attachment is that in order to do so, you will need to drill into the torsion beam. Which if I am not mistaken will weaken the torsion beam and cause failure. I had thought of a hand way of using a U shaped brack that does not require any drilling but it will need to BOLT clamp like a C-clamp does. or just have brackets welded to the torsion beam(more costly) but it would be stiffer and better for track day driving!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ednevell View Post
    The only issue with adding more points of attachment is that in order to do so, you will need to drill into the torsion beam. Which if I am not mistaken will weaken the torsion beam and cause failure. I had thought of a hand way of using a U shaped brack that does not require any drilling but it will need to BOLT clamp like a C-clamp does. or just have brackets welded to the torsion beam(more costly) but it would be stiffer and better for track day driving!
    Definitely agree with all points of this post.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks Ares, been trying to figure out how to make this car handle as good or better than my versa that we traded in for this little green beauty. I have since toned the exhaust down and started looking for some sort of lowering springs here in the us. I know there is a company locally that coils custom springs. Just gotta find them.

When I do find them I will begin my lowering process.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Am i it?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I got a reply from Evan. It doesn't matter what bars we order, the quantity is what matters. So if we get a quantity of 6 pieces sold, we get the $15 each piece.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Noice

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Id be in for the whole lot of it. Picking up my mirage on friday.

Can they ship to canada? How bad am i gunna get hit?

Hi TheTransporter...

Congrats on the car & welcome. Where in Canada are you? We can check with Evan on shipping. (How many pieces - seriously, all 5?)

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Im in edmonton alberta.

No all 6. There was six on the front page? I want to get the chassis stiff and solid then start tracking it and getting a feel for the car and learn the ropes.

Gunna be interesting tracking a car this small with this horsepower

I might have missed one. Will get back to you.

What prompted you to buy the Mirage as a track car? We have some Auto-Xers around. Feel free to post an intro thread so people can say hi and learn what you're up to.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)