Thread: Chris Harris shows off the handling of a 1957 Citroen 2CV...

Chris Harris shows off the handling of a 1957 Citroen 2CV...

The Mirage has had a few people compare it to a 2CV, owing to its supple suspension: comfy ride, with lots of suspension travel & body roll, but ultimate grip is decent if you load up the suspension in a corner.

Maybe car reviewer Chris Harris would like a Mirage. He loves his 12 hp Citroen!

Jump ahead to around the 9:10 mark where he demonstrates its handling abilities...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My girlfriend now wants a 2CV thanks to that video. Specifically, she wants the engine from our old Wheel Horse tractor (a 17HP Kohler boxer twin) swapped in to be able to hit 55 mph and then let be.

I'd drive one

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Mirage is almost a modern 2CV.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I still stand firm: cornering on this car is fine. Not as much understeer (if any) than lots of other FWD cars. AND this with the skinny 165 tires.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Want a 2CV? Go on EBAY. There is a company in NJ that restores 2CV's and sells them. They are better than new.
    The real mindblower was the 2CV with 4 wheel drive. It had a motor in the front and back, a puller and pusher.
    I was in Paris in March and saw a caravan of restored 2CV's taking guests around Paris--the ultimate French adventure.