View Poll Results: Did this forum help you decide to get a Mirage?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup

72 70.59%
  • Nope

25 24.51%
  • Maybe... still thinking about the car

5 4.90%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Did this forum influence your decision to get a Mirage? Helped with research?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    You're satisfied with the way the G4 drives compared to the IA?
    The seat is more comfy on the G4, the headrest on the iA pushes my chin towards the chest and there is not adjustment. The G4 is like the Versa S but better equiped. The iA is greater in handling but the ride is a bit bouncy since the tires have a lot of flex. Also visibility on the iA is horrid on the sides. I may keep the iA and get the G4 to replace my Lancer AWC. I love both cars, but I find the Mirage a more honest car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Can't argue with seat comfort. I've heard many people complain about different cars' headrest angles -- even about the Mirage's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Can't argue with seat comfort. I've heard many people complain about different cars' headrest angles -- even about the Mirage's.
    Blame new regulations that came in a few years ago requiring headrests have more angle to them. On some cars (including the mirage) you can put the headrest in backwards and enjoy a bit more comfort.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Please Go and Get Your New G4 Mirage!! They are Very Sharp!!!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In The long Run you will be happy you had those Head Rest!! If you ever had a Bad Accident and your head got jerked around you'll be happy they saved your Life! I've seen too many accidents, being a professional driver every day as a CDL Driver
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-31-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This forum was a great place to learn about the mirage before I bought. Absolutely.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-31-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    In The long Run you will be happy you had those Head Rest!! If you ever had a Bad Accident and your head got jerked around you'll be happy they saved your Life! I've seen too many accidents, being a professional driver every day as a CDL Driver
    I had ten and out of those 3 totals and last one on Feb 14 in my wifes iA got rear ended.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Poll: Did this forum influence your decision to get a Mirage? Helped with research?

This past Saturday my wife and I bought our first new car and first Mitsubishi. We ended up loving the Mirage hatchback and bought it soon after the test drive. I did a lot of research into the Mirage, right here on these forums, so I figured I should say hi.

Name:  sSC8uXOz-HJ6inQHjam3SPF2Okw6OiEmqkughqCM9n8.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  65.8 KB
    Last edited by MetroMPG; 09-12-2018 at 07:22 PM. Reason: (Copied from other thread)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sleepyeyes For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-23-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This forum pretty much did away with a lot of the fears in buying a Mirage regarding performance and reliability, and has taught me much about things I can do to improve its performance. It's a lot of fun to drive!

This is my first Mirage but my second Mitsubishi (I also once owned an '03 Lancer). Love the Sunrise Orange paint.

Name:  4288.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  51.1 KB

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DKXII For This Useful Post:

Adam - UK (09-23-2018),inuvik (09-23-2018),MetroMPG (09-23-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought the 5-speed ES in October 2014. Purchased discounted as a roll-back with 1,700 miles. I really wanted this car based on the specs, but it is always a risk buying the first production model. The posts on this forum sealed the deal. I haven't regretted the purchase one bit.

2014 5-speed ES
    47,355 miles
    ~40 mpg city, ~50 mpg hwy, ~55 mpg long hwy trips (I stopped logging about a year ago)
    Everything stock, no issues so far.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanSproutExpress For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-23-2018)