Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia: Mitsubishi Mirage sales projections & results, 2013 onward

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Australia: Mitsubishi Mirage sales projections & results, 2013 onward

Already loaded with features, offering exceptional fuel efficiency, a spacious interior, easy-to-drive manoeuvrability and sporty lines, now awarded with Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) five-star safety; Mitsubishi Motors’ all-new Mirage really does have it all.

Link here http://motorspices.com/blog/mitsubis...e-star-safety/

Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited’s return to the light car segment saw the all-new Mirage record 534 sales since 23 January.

With total January sales of 4,449 units, MMAL recorded one of the best January results since becoming a full importer in 2008 with Mirage making a positive impact during its first nine days.

Drive-away launch pricing and $1000 Westfield gift card continues into February.
    -------------------------

Updated sales stats:

• 5535 Mirages in the first six months of 2013
    • 6449 Mirage sales through July 2013
    • 3916 Mirages in the first six months of 2014 (source)
    • 6478 units for all of 2014

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jamiec For This Useful Post:

debburyl (02-04-2015)

Jamie - added the sales figures to your post, from the Mitsu press release quoted in that source.

Here's the press release link:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/...ve-star-safety

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

debburyl (02-04-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Woo, great to hear!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Found a reference to a monthly sales projection in Oz:

That’s why it’s declared an ambitious 1000 sales-per-month target. That would easily eclipse such rivals as the Nissan Micra, Suzuki Alto, Holden Barina Spark and the Volkswagen Up, and take it into the realms of the most serious players, the four-cylinder Toyota Yaris, Mazda2 and Hyundai i20.

http://motoring.ninemsn.com.au/revie...subishi-mirage
    Compare the sales projections for Oz vs. NZ, and there's quite difference, on a per capita basis:

2013 Oz population: 22.9 million (wiki)
    2013 NZ population: 4.5 million (wiki), or 19.7% of Australia's pop.

If they can sell 1000 Mirages in Australia, 19.7% of that (relative to population) would be 197 Mirages in N.Z.

Yet the NZ target is for 100 cars a month. Wonder why the difference.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    As far as i know Metro NZ still imports a lot of used cars from Japan that are not very old and this has allways impacted on NZ's sales of new cars.Here in Aus we can only import a small number of uesd cars from Japan and then only much older ones. I think this may atleast explain some of the differance between us.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jamiec For This Useful Post:

Daox (02-26-2013)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Well I am one of those 534 . And yeah, the cheap imports back home has had a huge impact on the new car market in NZ. My mother and sister both drive imports that are less than three years old and much better bang for your buck than buying new.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage LS (Australia) 1.2 automatic: 34.8 mpg (US) ... 14.8 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp)

Aha - that explains things then.

So, be on the lookout in 3 years for a used Japan-spec Mirage 1.0L "micro-hybrid" in NZ?

EDIT: In Canada, we're allowed Japanese imports, but only 15 years or older. I saw a bunch of different ones (including a handful of Kei class cars) when I was in Vancouver on the west coast a couple of months ago. One of the most popular actually was the Mitsu Delica diesel 4WD small van. Saw those regularly.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    A report on Australian car sale for feb 2013 http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257B250008B41A
    There is no sales numbers for the Mirage just this quote
    Mitsubishi has gained ground with its all-new Mirage small hatchback, which has plugged an important gap in the Japanese car-maker’s showroom.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Found some sales numbers for the Aus mirage for its first two months on sale here. This is lifted from an article on the Nissan micra.This has sales numbers for other small cars and the mirage looks like it is doing very well sofar
    Micra sales this year place it well ahead of its competition at the cheaper end of the light-car segment, with Nissan shifting 923 units in the first two months of the year. The Suzuki Alto has sold 519 units and the Holden Barina Spark has recorded 301 sales.

However, the Micra faces stiff competition in the form of the newly released Mitsubishi Mirage hatch, which has sold 1688 units in the first two months of this year.
    http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257B39001DA293
    Last edited by jamiec; 03-26-2013 at 11:39 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jamiec For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-26-2013)

Wow - that's seriously impressive!

Would be great if a few more of those 1688 owners stopped by to say hello.