Thread: Automotive News interview with MMC CEO Osamu Masuko published November 30, 2015

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Post Automotive News interview with MMC CEO Osamu Masuko published November 30, 2015

Excerpts:

Mitsubishi Motors Corp. will fortify its fragile U.S. rebound with three electrified crossovers in five years, a bolstered regulatory listening post in Washington, D.C., and a new advanced technology office in Silicon Valley opening in January.

"We are strong in SUVs and four-wheel drives. And that is what we would like to focus on as core models in the U.S. market. We have changed direction," Masuko said. "We are going to allocate more resources to the areas where we are strong in the U.S."

In terms of passenger cars, the U.S. lineup will continue to lean on the Thailand-made Mirage and its sedan variant. The latter, expected to be called the G4 for the U.S. market, is expected to arrive stateside next spring. Both those cars will stick to traditional gasoline drivetrains, Masuko said.

Source: http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...ed-u-s-rebound

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi also will launch the Outlander PHEV, the plug-in hybrid version of the nameplate's current generation, in the U.S. in the middle of next year.
    It is a great news! I'd bet it would be a hit in US as much as it is in EU.

Part of me wants to see Mirage based PHEV / BEV with range extender as a replacement to iMiEV, but there are no money to be made there. Well at least until Mirage is sold in numbers comparable to Versa.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    I have also been watching Subaru. Their popularity is on the rise. I heard they don't have much intention on increasing production. I wonder if Mitsubishi would consider offering all-wheel-drive sedans here in North America, as I think that is a growing market.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)