Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitsubishi's future in the U.S. is looking good with help of the MIRAGE .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuman View Post
    cinder - I am sort of getting a hankering to the Mazda 2. I like the smooth-working clutch - from reviews I've read only. I've never driven one but I like the new 2015 Mazda "Hazumi" 2 that is being finished up for release right now by Mazda. Someone on Edmunds.com that also loves small standard-transmission cars mentioned that one early negative on the 2015 Mazda 2 is that it's going to be put together in Mexico. That doesn't have enough "oomph" behind it ta be a real negative to me. Still love the new Mitsubishi Mirage and, of course, love our '08 Lancer GTS. It's been a great car and there's no way I'll even try to buy a new or new to me car until the Lancer GTS starts nickel and diming us. And I remember a fellow employee in SE Arizona told me "that motor will last forever on your new Lancer."

"It will?"

"Yep!"

She swore she owned a Mitsubishi that blew her away with it's strong performance from the powertrain. Who knows, could be.
    True, that 2.4 liter motor is bulletproof as long as you do the required maintenance. It should easily go past 200k miles. Is your GTS manual transmission or auto?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just have to change the timing belt on the 2.4 or the engine will be destroyed if it breaks.

Our 03 Galant runs perfectly. Just did the required maintenance.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Our '08 Lancer GTS has the 2.0L 4 cyl motor with the automatic CVT tranny. That tranny with paddle shifters is a blast to drive, and it works good to use when going down hills, slowing the car down.