Thanks
    I still love subaru filter location,...

2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Has anyone used a filter from Champion Labs? I understand they are a US filter manufacturer that makes private label filters for others, as well as their own line.

Champion Labs | Champ oil filters
    PH2867
    PH2867XL

The individual filter web pages list the various cars that use the filter. Looks like the one for the Mirage is used in a bunch of other cars out there. If that means anything.

I wonder if this is what Mobil 1 is using. Here's a product sales flyer for their XL filters.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (04-26-2019)

Never heard of them, I'm thinking champion labratories(the parent company) is US based but the champion filter division is Chiniesum. They opened a "facility" in China in 2017. Mind you pretty much everything is made in China anyways.

Their filter cross reference is pretty handy though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So, I was looking up my Mobil 1 filters yesterday. The can is stamped "Made in USA." That's what made me look up who makes them and where. So just by that I figured if Mobil 1 filters are made by Champion Labs, they must have a US plant.

Again, as if that means anything to anyone.

Their synthetic media filter looks good. And I go by looks. After all it's why I went with a Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I go by fancy packaging myself
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-26-2019 at 02:42 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    The individual filter web pages list the various cars that use the filter. Looks like the one for the Mirage is used in a bunch of other cars out there. If that means anything.

I wonder if this is what Mobil 1 is using. Here's a product sales flyer for their XL filters.

I realized this when we bought our ILX. I had a case of Hyundai filters for my Elantra still in storage, so I matched them up to my Mirages and ILXs filters and saw they'd work for both except the casing is too large for the ILX, so I'm using them on my Mirage first. I'm happy that I don't have to buy two different types in the future.
    (blank signature)

It's a fairly common size, old b2200's use the same filter, my old 800 rzr uses the same as well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    So, I was looking up my Mobil 1 filters yesterday. The can is stamped "Made in USA." That's what made me look up who makes them and where. So just by that I figured if Mobil 1 filters are made by Champion Labs, they must have a US plant.

Again, as if that means anything to anyone.

Their synthetic media filter looks good. And I go by looks. After all it's why I went with a Mirage.
    In a oil filter comparison done on youtube.com, someone made the following comment below -

"I work at Champion Labs and I have made K&N, mobil 1, AC Delco, super tech and STP on the same line out of basically the same materials."

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    In a oil filter comparison done on youtube.com, someone made the following comment below -

"I work at Champion Labs and I have made K&N, mobil 1, AC Delco, super tech and STP on the same line out of basically the same materials."
    Do you have a link to that video? You never know what you'll find in the comments.

I know there are subtle differences to be found among the various end products, and even certain labels have more than one product line. I think it would be interesting to do a comparison.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Turns out Mobil 1 oil filters are made by Champion Labs. I found the following on the Mobil 1 oil filter warranty page:

Quote Originally Posted by Mobil

Mobil 1™ Extended Performance Oil Filter limited warranty

Champion Laboratories, Inc. provides this limited warranty to the original purchaser who use Mobil 1™ Extended Performance oil filter products manufactured or sold by Champion Laboratories, Inc., which are warrantied to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the duration of the original equipment recommended change interval.

• For part numbers without "A" suffix (e.g., M1-110) - Up to 1 year or 15,000 miles, whichever comes first, when combined with a fully synthetic motor oil designed for your intended oil change interval.
    • For part numbers with "A" suffix (e.g., M1-110A) - Up to 1 year or 20,000 miles, whichever comes first, when combined with a fully synthetic motor oil designed for your intended oil change interval.

This warranty covers properly installed filters that meet the purchaser’s vehicle requirements.
    One year or 20,000 miles. Kinda makes me wonder if Champion Labs makes any other filter that can make such a claim.

I bought my M1-110A Mobil 1 oil filter at Walmart for $9.97 before taxes. After the Mobil 1 rebate, which is offered on the filter with the purchase of a 5 quart bottle of Mobil 1 synthetic oil, the filter will cost $4.97.