Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Mirage trailer hitch/receiver: Curt 11394 Class 1; Draw-Tite 24916

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    The Curt instructions were much better, and SPECIFIC to the Mirage.
    YES! That convinced me they are a good place and they really do care.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hexmjchekal View Post
    All,
    I am looking to add a hitch for a bike rack to my 2022. Does anyone have a POC on where I might find the proper part? I am seeing a wide array of numbers and I am not try to play games with the shipping companies and restocking fees.
    If you want to see the difference between the Curt & Draw-Tite, watch the video clip (Expert Review Video) below -

https://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2017_...shi_Mirage.htm

The Draw-Tite is no longer carried by etrailer.com. I think the Curt is the better design when comparing the two.

I don't have any loyalty to a specific hitch mfg but I've had good luck with the Curt hitch I installed on my truck. I had to upgrade the factory hitch cause the tongue weight of our holiday trailer is close to what the Mirage weighs, which is more than the janky stock hitch was rated for.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Canada had an outfit called Algonquin based in mid Ontario that made all the hitches in Canada for as long as I recall. Reese and the others distributed in Canada as well but I always thought the Algonquin were better made and finished, and usually less money.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)