Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do for a living?

That's OK - interesting story. Sounds like your little one has some good parents.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracconus View Post
    You guys are about to see why I never sleep...

Co-Owner, CEO, and CFO of a family operated Electro-Chrome Plating shop/Welding& Fabrication shop on its far side.
    Sub-let a few houses that were left to me in my grandmother's will
    Owner of Multimedia Design Firm
    Freelance Programmer/Web Developer/Android Rom Modification
    Custom Computer Case Fabrication/Design
    Full-Time Father, and part-time training Assistant Manager at a local pizza joint I started at a few weeks ago.
    Co-Owner of a new investment I just took into where we'll be teaching college students how to do graphic design while allowing customers to bid on jobs for them to do instead of paying a designer in house.
    can you design my desktop?

i just want to make sure my SSD good in vertical hehe

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am a stay at home dad, originally was a Human resources director for Xanterra parks and resorts. Came home in 2002 after a nasty car wreck and wife told me to stay since she carried bigger B---s than I did at the time, HAHA

Now I am relocating to florida this june to work for AVI-SPL as a AV Tech/contractor.

Oh yeah and I specialize in computer hardware (Gaming systems, laptops, repair and assembly) including gpu repairs.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And so you all know, my wifes family hated the idea of me being home with my kids. Now that I am taking a job after 12 years of being home they are pissed because we are moving away, florida is where all my connections are NUFF SAID..
    LOL

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ^ I can put PCs together, just no laptops.

Also, what's to repair on GPUs other than fans? You actually change transistors and the like in/out?

Honestly, I wouldnt mind being a stay at home dad.

I'm an awesome cook and would have everything ready for the wifey when she gets home. I'm also great with my hands (that's what she said) so I can give her a rub or two (in the right places of course) when the stress limit is reached.

-----
    Nice to see lots of IT people here. I can't code for sh!t - neither can I design websites.

-----

@Dracconus: what can or cannot be chrome plated? A friend and I are doing a Men In Black costumes and all their guns are chrome plated...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    ^ I can put PCs together, just no laptops.

Also, what's to repair on GPUs other than fans? You actually change transistors and the like in/out?

Honestly, I wouldnt mind being a stay at home dad.

I'm an awesome cook and would have everything ready for the wifey when she gets home. I'm also great with my hands (that's what she said) so I can give her a rub or two (in the right places of course) when the stress limit is reached.

-----
    Nice to see lots of IT people here. I can't code for sh!t - neither can I design websites.

-----

@Dracconus: what can or cannot be chrome plated? A friend and I are doing a Men In Black costumes and all their guns are chrome plated...

You know when your video card starts to artifact, and you say "well time for a new card".

I buy those broken cards for cheap, de-solder the gpu from the video card PCB, and then I clean it up, flux it, re-ball with good solder and re-apply the gpu and solder it up with my IRD station.

If they work afterwards I stress test, re-test, test again, then resell for what I paid for it plus my time and supplies.

BUT, not all cards work after this so sometimes I am just buying them for the fans, or the fancy coolers. LOL

Now laptops, I love upgrading higher end laptops for people, new GPU, more memory, ssd, or even faster cpus.

I also do replace a TON of capacitors and bios chips LOL

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've never (yet - *knocks on wood*) had to replace a vid card except for performance upgrade.

I can't deal with all the small screws and clips with laptops. I'm an ogre and my fat fingers and brute strength can't handle them.

I'm trying to decide whether I should buy a gun or a laptop... Decisions decisions...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I've never (yet - *knocks on wood*) had to replace a vid card except for performance upgrade.

I can't deal with all the small screws and clips with laptops. I'm an ogre and my fat fingers and brute strength can't handle them.

I'm trying to decide whether I should buy a gun or a laptop... Decisions decisions...
    Buy a gun and a laptop, that way when the laptop pisses you off you can shoot the crap out of it! LOL

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Currently working in the receiving department at Sears.

Ares: Go for a gun. There's nothing like a little "group therapy" to de-stress!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm a Tire Engineer. Formerly with Continental, and now with Carlisle/ITP. If you have tire questions (which car folks always do) feel free to ask away, I will do my best, and if I don't know, I have contacts all over the industry.

And before you ask, no sadly I can't get any group buys on tires.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)