Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobbies etc.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I love my cherokee. Doesn't get driven too much because <20MPG sucks.

Once you learn violin, it's pretty easy to pick up other instruments. I can play violin, but want to play fiddle.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post
    Once you learn violin, it's pretty easy to pick up other instruments. I can play violin, but want to play fiddle.
    What's the difference between those? As a guitar player I should know better...

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    i know violin than gave up and not finish my 1st grade. so hard compare to guitar. scales shud be fine but maybe finger not suitable for violin.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ares, HOW is FFX Remastered??! I absolutely LOVED FFX when it came out on the PS-2. Closest I have come to playing it remastered is emulation on PCSX2, with hardware gfx acceleration enabled through the emulator on higher resolution (HD) than original (SD). Must look so sweet, * drool *

Anyways, only hobbies I have time for when not slaving away at work:

Guitar/Singing, Spanish, Making Youtube Videos

And here's something that encompasses all three of those passions:

-Charlie-

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-20-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I play with vehicles... really any type. I enjoy them all, from classics to the new EVs and hybrids. I have a 1951 Ford F-1 that I'm restoring. I have a 1965 Honda 65 (my dad's old motorcycle) that I'll have time for some day. I daily drive my 1981 Honda CM400. I have a 1993 Toyota Tercel (my first car) that needs some work to get back on the road right now (fuel tank and pump as well as some brake work). Right now, the current project is a 2002 Honda Civic I picked up for scrap value because it had a bad head gasket. That'll just be a fix and sell for profit car. I also mod my daily driver cars for better fuel economy.

When I'm not working on cars for me (or other people), I work on my house. Its work, but its normally not work to me because I enjoy it.

On the very rare occasion that I have extra time, I like to build and fly R/C airplanes and mess with electronics and programming stuff (arduino!).
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    @Charlie: awesomeness! Wish I could play the guitar, and play AND sing at the same time. Well, I don't have a singing voice so I can't do that either. FFXhd is great. I play it on my 46" samsung LED and pic quality is good. Cut scenes are definitely movie quality.

@Doax: I think I've seen some of those CMs around craigslist here in houston. People change them into bobbers though... I hope to own one of those older ford trucks in the near future. However, looking into old 4x4s.

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I lead a pretty boring life now, only because I had such an active life a few years ago.

I too used to snowboard. I started snowboarding in '98. But with living in Texas, I could only go a couple of times a year with having to drive to Colorado. So, my other hobby at the time was car audio. I didn't build my systems up too much but rather I traveled with a friend's competition Honda Civic (sponsored by Kicker) to shows to help tune it. It appeared as though I could hear subtle things that most others couldn't. So I did that for a couple of years before really getting into racing. I started off racing my 1991 Chevy Cavalier at local autocross events. After several years of that I moved on to a Hyundai Accent GS and raced it in stock classes. After a couple of road course events went extremely well, I upgraded to a Dodge SRT-4. I raced it for a few years (my SRT-4 and I were the fastest SRT-4 on the road course at the SRT National meet in 2004). When I moved on from it, I had over 140 drag strip slips in the glove box!!

After the SRT-4 I ended up with a 1991 Chevy Cavalier station wagon (I've got a thing for Cavaliers!!). I bought it from a friend of mine who had put over $10k into it. After I tuned it(Haltech standalone ECU) it put down 242hp and 292 ft lbs on 10 psi of boost. It was a lot of fun, and I had it tuned good enough that it passed emissions testing with a probe up the tail pipe!

But now I lead a pretty boring life. I'm married to an incredible woman, got a small garden in the back yard, a car in the garage, and right now I am recovering from a foot surgery I had on July 1st. In my free time, I like to play around with LED lights, build things, and set up solar panel systems at family houses.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm an avid Bowler, and I love beer. Gonna start home brewing soon.

Other than that, I am pretty much strictly a gearhead. Between myself, my two brothers, and my dad, we have well over 250 motorized somethings. We have over 150 Antique Tractors, 50 plus Classic Garden Tractors, all kinds of toys like ATVs and bikes, a collection of Stihl Chainsaws, and of course cars. I have posted a list of my diesel collection here before, but also have a bunch of old Mopar Muscle cars, a bunch of Mazda Wankels, a handful of Cummins Dodges, a few misc 4x4s, and all the daily drivers...

Love all things with an engine basically...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Hobbies? watching tv series .... cleaning my car ...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    My hobbies, which I can do only in Sunday when my wife and kids are sleeping :
    - Tuning my moped (looking for achieving 20hp on wheels. Currently 17,8hp. Stock 15,6hp).
    - Restoring my old Civic (it's my first car, bought it new back in 2004. Been sat in my garage for the last 3 years. Need to change the head gasket and maybe a little porting & polish).
    - Searching for rare parts for the mirage and civic.

2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)