Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies etc.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Retired truck driver. I love flying remote control jets and planes ! Also collecting swiss watches.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'm a gamer and I'm into studying Greek and Hebrew in the scriptures I also like music.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Starting a new hobby ... drone pilot

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well been on this forum for quite awhile so figured I'd throw out some hobbies
    I love everything auomotive even went to UTI just to get some better knowledge. Don't really care to work on other peoples stuff but wanted to do my own stuff myself.
    My first car was a 1997 Eclipse GS-T and I owned that for 8 years put tons of money in and never seemed to run it for very long
    Then had a few in between cars then I ended up with a 2005 evo 8 SSl, PUt tons of money in that and ended up with a pretty quick beast. I sold that due to monetary constraints and my 89 mile each way commute.
    Now I have the 2014 Mirage That I have both hit the bottom and tops of the mpg barrels reached my best at 76 mpg and my worst of 32MPG. Lately I just haven't felt like playing the mpg game and have been gunning it all the way home on the freeway. Been getting terrible mileage. I'll get back into it but I spend so much time on the road spending an extra 20 minutes to get 70+Mpg is killing me.
    I have a new project I plan on building in memory of my dad, a 1971ish Olds 442. I want to do a full blown resto mod and make it very modern with that old muscle look. Not sure which engine combo yet but feel I want an ls engine of some sort. May even run the whole C6 corvette driveline. Im realy excited for this one.
    Other than that I don't do a whole lot hobby wise. I spend a lot of time with my family and we do lots of stuff. Yay family

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkt Ship View Post
    I'll get back into it but I spend so much time on the road spending an extra 20 minutes to get 70+Mpg is killing me.
    hahahaha same here, same here ... am getting a decent 14-16 km/L from the 1.0L engine anyway by driving at max allowable speed (around 120 km/h). 15 mins extra just don't worth it getting it to 25 km/L

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Besides a gearhead, I'm a Furry, I enjoy target shooting and tinkering with firearms, and I spend a lot of time driving to new areas.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cani Lupine For This Useful Post:

gunlak (03-30-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have something with fewer cylinders than the mirage, just about as much power though. Gas mileage is worse. Instead of going 0-60 in 11 seconds I think it goes to 60 in 11 feet. This bike came to me in a condition best described as "I think all of this goes to the same bike."

And if I get a somewhat wilder and less mature hair up my ass, there's this: A suzuki DR650. Looks like a big dirt bike. Because it is. It will climb near vertical hills, run over rough ground at 75+, flies across sand, and in general temps me to do things I should not.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Beside working behind the computer I like to be in nature and doing bird and macro photography.

Here below some photo's I made.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage CVT 1.2 automatic: 39.5 mpg (US) ... 16.8 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 47.4 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ToXiQ For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-20-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Wow, those pictures are gorgeous!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

I'll second that! Really fantastic.

ToXiQ, have you turned your camera on your Space Star by any chance??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)