Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What makes a car "fun to drive"?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ^ Everything is for science. Especially going triple digits in this tiny thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoehead View Post
    Comparing the Yaris, Mazda2, Spark, Fit, and Mirage on "fun to drive" seems pointless. None of them are "fun to drive".
    I respectfully disagree. The yaris is NO fun to drive. At all.

I have yet to drive the other cars, but depending on the Fit's engine, there was a time, back in the dinosaur ages when Honda engines sounded close to F1 engines. Just the sound of the engine would make the car "fun to drive."

I honestly like the looks of the M2. Would be awesome, although it would never happen, to have a mazdaspeed2.

I know it does not compare - especially pricing wise, but the Fiesta ST would definitely be fun to drive.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ares I have to tell you, I've added a few mods to my 2010 Yaris sedan and it's definitely more fun to drive. I have a trd exhaust K&N typhoon intake, and a trd rear sway bar. You are right though other than a very torquey engine it doesn't have much else right off the lot.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For some odd reason, the dealerships I went to only had autos - which made me think they didnt make manuals. I'm sure this yaris is a blast to drive:

Name:  13643883783_a6603e4139.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  77.8 KB
    Name:  13644197354_db340a9580.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  90.0 KB
    Name:  13643854915_66dc46489d.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  71.7 KB

This is what my mirage is going to look in 7 years.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What makes a car fun to drive for me has nothing to do with a lot of power.

The spark is sluggish but the suspension is much better than the mirage, its more planted much more firm than the mirage.
    The mirage has the good acceleration for a 3 cyl but the noise and cvt responsiveness sucks.
    Give the mirage a firm suspension, antiroll bar, and perhaps a much better cvt then youre good to go.

My current fun car which does meets what i expect in a fun car is my Fiat 500 Abarth. Suspension is track worthy and the turbo engine is just intoxicating.