Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on my new Mirage so far.........

Country
    United States
    Thanks

My thoughts on my new Mirage so far.........

I bought my 2014 Inferred DE with the CVT on 4/14/14.
    So far I put 1200 miles on it being I drive it 100 miles round trip to and from and work.

What I love about it so far....

It's not a bad looking car , I think it's looks better than the bad reviews I've read on it.
    I added a few graphics , pinstripe and changed out the wheel covers to black so it brought the car out even more IMO.

Fun to drive.....

This is the smallest car I ever owned but it's the best fun car I've ever had when it comes to driving it, love weaving in and out of traffic , I love to rev it up from time to time, love the sound of the little three banger, something about it, weird really being it only has 74 H.P

The interior.....

I'm 5' 9" so it fits me really well, most of the roads here are new so it's a big benefit for me, I don't have to worry about pot holes, on my drive to work I drive about 4 miles in town, 18 miles on the highway and 28 miles on the interstate and it hard to feel any difference no matter which area I'm in.

The price....

Under 13k for such a fun and practical car for me.

Gas mileage....

Driving a fun car makes me happy but getting an avg. of 48.5 MPG makes it that much better, the other day I hit 52 MPH, now if that don't make you feel good then I don't know what would.
    My truck took on avg. about $20.00 each day to work and back, my new Mirage takes $25.00 every three days plus I still have gas left in the tank.

Warranty.....

10 year, 100k warranty, are you kidding me, that was something else that sold me on the new Mirage.

Things I'm not crazy about....

The small 14" wheels
    Slow on take off but getting use to it and learning how to rev her up which is where most of the fun is with the car.
    No arm rest, an arm rest would be really nice to have on a 100 mile trip each day.

Overall ....

The pros easily out weights the cons.

I'd recommend the all new 2014 Mirage to anyone who wants a fun little car that's great on gas and fun to drive.
    Please don't put to much into what reviews you read because I just don't see how they can say so many negative things about this 13k car.

Kevin

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MyNewMirage For This Useful Post:

CLARK (05-12-2014),MetroMPG (05-09-2014),Mikhail (05-09-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Don't have much cons - other than suspension IMO.

Glad you're liking the car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The suspension is fine for me, like I said the roads here are mostly new.
    I did hit a pot hole at a softball game for my granddaughter , thank goodness for seat belts that held me in my seat. LOL
    Yes I love the car,really enjoying it.
    The more I drive it the more I want to

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    MyNewMirage - that pretty much sells the Mirage to me. I'm going to the nearest Mitsubishi dealer to me, Sisbarro Mitsubishi in Las Cruces tomorrow. Who knows? Trade in time? Hee-hee. Our '08 Lancer GTS is driving so well there's no need to trade in. But reading how much fun you're all having with your Mirage's has me interested in trading in tomorrow.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The car really is quite a car.
    It seems like 95% of the reviews bash it - but WTF are they driving all the other days, cars at much higher price points??
    There seemed to be review after review that knocked the ride as overly harsh... really?? I live near a brick street, I avoided it like the plague in my MINI, it was downright unpleasant, and I have had 7 other cars I've owned and driven up and down that street without a thought, now with the Mirage it's like the proverbial Cadillac/Lexus on that same road. Seriously - I was baffled when I drove the brick street, I was expecting it to feel like the MINI, well it didn't, not at all, it was luxurious if I do say so
    I can only think all these reviewer blokes drove the car home parked it and cribbed everyone else's notes... they are all damn near the same, it's terrible.

The Mirage is a great quirky little econobox rice burner - and it's unapologetic about it.
    It's styling is right on cue for the class, at first I thought it ugly, but it's rather understated, it doesn't have the horrible (IMO) lights that go from bumper to A-pillar (a la Spark - god that's soooooooo ugly to me).
    Its 3banger is noisy (another common reviewer complaint) but in the right way, and fun to wring out, and that's where the noise comes in, keep it under 5grand and there are no complaints.

This car defines: WYSIWYG [what-you-see-is-what-you-get) and it should be commended for it not lambasted.

My only major issue are the wheels/tires (& suspension) - but that's my issue and I will adjust those according to my needs; as for being a thrifty, safe, comfortable, roomy, well warrantied little fuel saver (with the stock wheels and suspension) this car beats all, get out.
    I am please as punch I purchased it, and I have never been a fan of Mitsu, but now I am eager to have a long term relationship with this fella :-)
    Last edited by Minihaha; 05-27-2014 at 06:28 AM. Reason: spelling / grammar

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 33.4 mpg (US) ... 14.2 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh, and MyNewMirage - dig the snazzy aftermarket wheel covers, nice look.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 33.4 mpg (US) ... 14.2 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Minihaha I agree with all your points. My lady says that my Mirage has an angry face?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I like the new Mirage's styling. It's sort of late 80's Ford Festiva (designed by Kia Motors) and Chevy Sprint, only more enticing looking. When I've seen Mirage's on the road I'm literally captivated by them. I keep staring until they're out of view. That says a lot dudes and dudettes!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When we test drove the Mirage I knew it was going to have a buzz to the engine. It did, but not as bad as I had expected after reading reviews of the car.

We ended up purchasing a Mirage and it had the same engine noise that the test drive vehicle exhibited.

We just hit 500 miles on our Mirage and both my wife and I swear that the engine noise generated by the car is significantly less than when we got the car with less than 10 miles on the clock.

Either the engine has quieted down, or, we have both gotten used to the engine noise and just don't notice it anymore.

Anybody else feel their Mirage has gotten quieter with a few miles on the odometer?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Mitsuman , the FESTIVA started in '88 until '93 . That was a MAZDA 121 ( 1.3 ltr. ) in disguise . I believe the '94 on was redesigned becoming the ASPIRE , which had the KIA powertrain . Still see a few Festivas and Aspires kicking around . We had 3 FESTIVAs , one with the 3 speed auto and other 2 had the 5 speed manual . Great little cars . The 1.3 ltr. is one tough cookie .