Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Zealand Mirage economy run: 3.3L/100 km (30.3 km/L, 71.3 mpg US) CVT

My opinion: If you're not the type of person to regularly check your tire pressure, then it may be worth it. Otherwise, save your money!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I looked into the nitrogen for tyres when it was a new thing here in Australia about 10 years ago was said to improve tyre life and keep the tyres at a more constant pressure over high temp changes. The cost for a nitrogen tyre inflation from the tyre shops was i think around $20 dollars then. I found this info back then (Nitrogen is the largest constituent of the Earth's atmosphere (78.082% by volume of dry air, 75.3% by weight in dry air)).
    Needless to say i never paid to have this done and just filling my tyres with plain air i still got a high % of nitrogen i could not see there would be very much extra improvement for the small increae of nitrogen. It might make some noticable improvement on a race car.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Some good economy numbers on that run and would have been a laugh (and sneaking the spacesaver spare into the boot of a colleague's car) if he got a flat tyre.

Country
    New Zealand
    Thanks
    Re nitrogen in tyres, a friend waxed eloquent as to the benefits and when I looked dubious he paid the twenty bucks to have my tyres filled with nitrogen. They still lost pressure at roughly the same rate as atmosphere, no difference to MPG and no noticeable difference to tyre wear. The only difference I noted was that when driving away for the first time the tyres felt like they were a few pounds light on pressure. My tyre gauge however told me that they were at the correct pressure.

Banned
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's amazing. Only 3.3L/100km I never seen car like this. I heard that is possible but never seen myself. My two friends own Mirage and they said the same thing about this car. I'd like to get one but for now still driving my old 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan.
    Last edited by DannyDriver456; 04-03-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyDriver456 View Post
    That's amazing. Only 3.3L/100km I never seen car like this..
    Hello DannyDriver456 & welcome to the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)