Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: storage bin above glove box door

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's the angle they're taken at. The piece above the glovebox comes off fairly easily, and if we could find a way to get ahold of them the US market could easily self install those bins, but the problem of things shifting, and flying out will still be there.
    It takes no room from the glovebox that hasn't already been stolen by a blank plate that serves no purpose and that's why I'm sure some people want it just to have a little more room.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Man I would like to have one of these. I would rather have this storage bin than an armrest.

However, I thought there was a steel brace located there, and that might be the reason why we didn't get the little shelf here in North America.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I looked at that little steel brace. It's nothing! Holds about as much structural integrity as the lid on a shoe box. I have been trying to get one of these shelf's for a year now but no one overseas has offered to send some over to the US.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to flotownj For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-07-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Wouldn't it be funny if our little panel could simply be flipped around? Haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)