Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First used Mirage I've seen for sale (dealership):

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I knew when buying my 2014 Mirage DE with the CVT. I'd lose money quickly if I were to sell or trade it, so I plan on keeping it as my truck I had, 17 years if the Mirage can last that long, even if it only last me ten years I got my monies worst being I'd have 200k on it.
    All for under 13k.

Oh, I finally saw a new Mirage for the first time the other day, I bought my car in April, goes to show you it's not the most popular small car out there but I love my Mirage, the more I drive it the more I love it

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Seems cheap for a used car.

Around here (Central NY), used cars with 10K miles that are a year or two old go for $2 or $3000 more than equivalent new car ....

M-88... I can't make sense of that. MORE than new?

---

I've also noticed that except for specialty cars, used car prices in Canada seem higher than south of the border.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    M-88... I can't make sense of that. MORE than new?
    ---
    I've also noticed that except for specialty cars, used car prices in Canada seem higher than south of the border.
    Ever since our President decided to crush all of the working used cars, used car prices have been through the roof.

That's why I bought brand new back in 2011. I got a 2011 Focus SE for a hair north of $12000.

2008,2009, 2010 Focus SE models with 50,000 miles were going for $14000 ...

Used cars cost more than new cars. I suspect, too, it's because a lot of people don't realize and just go for a used car. There is a big dealer network around here, Drivers Village, and that's how they make their money. They don't make much on the new cars, but selling the used.

My Focus was appraised at $7K last year. Yet, they had a similar 2011 on the used car lot for $12000. Instant $5000 in profit for them, plus kickback for financing, etc. The Mirage they were going to sell me at $12000 probably wasn't going to make as much margin.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I wonder how the resale value is going to be after 60 000 km/3 years or so.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm guessing that a lot will depend on the price of gasoline in the future. If it goes to the $5-6 per gallon level, the Mirage will likely do quite well for resale, as will all high MPG vehicles.

If fuel prices stay the same, people will adjust to the new price point and be less sensitive to fuel economy.

If the Mitsubishi holds up well with use, this will also help resale. If we see a bunch of mechanical issues, or recalls, of the vehicle - it won't be good.

If resale is important, Mitsubishi vehicles have never been very good buys. Honda and Toyota are best at retaining their value over time.

$13.5k for a base DE 5-speed!?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Carmax has a couple locally — $13,988 for DE CVTs.
    http://www.carmax.com/search?search=mirage

They're always at least $1-2k high, IMO.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I saw another at the auction today. DE CVT with 9K miles. Sold for 10,350 plus 275 auction fee