Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward to Gaining Wisdom Here

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site. Its nice to have another Mirage owner around here.

I'm with the others. Currently, the factory service manual is the only thing available. I believe you can purchase one at your local dealer, but it will not be cheap.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Welcome to the site. Its nice to have another Mirage owner around here.

I'm with the others. Currently, the factory service manual is the only thing available. I believe you can purchase one at your local dealer, but it will not be cheap.
    Thanks! That's actually the FIRST question I asked after I bought the vehicle. I asked if there was a service manual I could buy right there on the day I bought the car at the dealership - They said there was not.

The link 'cookiemonster' provided is awesome to have as a last resort, I have bookmarked it. However, $20 for one day access??? I assume they somehow make it impossible to copy and paste anything, and no copying of pics of course.

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Congrats and welcome . Keep us updated on the its performance .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congrats on the purchase. And awesome to walk in and pay cash! Lots of know how through this forum, great encouraging environment.
    -Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Hi Darin, I operate under the paradigm that if I don't have the money to buy something, I will not buy it. As such, I have no credit cards..or even credit history at that. This was the first time I have made such a large purchase, and I had naively thought that I could use my debit card - come and find out Point of Sale limit is like $5000 :-(

Solution: Withdrew $15,000 in cash at my bank, and went to the dealership to negotiate.

My old car was a 2000 Mazda Protege. Every weekend of last month had me fixing something on the car. I thought everything was good and dandy, but them the engine started leaking oil and coolant and that's when I decided I did not want to invest any more time, effort and money into the car.

What made me want to get the Mirage was 1) The insane mpg's 2) Low base price

See you around!

-Charlie-
    Way to be responsible! I wish more people would do that. I cringe when I see someone drop a $15000 down payment on a $50,000 car and finance it for 72 months.

I need to practice what I preach. Student loans up to my eyes and a car payment (Focus) ... but will never have car payment again and have no debt elsewhere.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post
    Way to be responsible! I wish more people would do that. I cringe when I see someone drop a $15000 down payment on a $50,000 car and finance it for 72 months.

I need to practice what I preach. Student loans up to my eyes and a car payment (Focus) ... but will never have car payment again and have no debt elsewhere.
    Hey, sounds like you're getting to the debt free zone though, so keep it up!

I wouldn't even say it is me being responsible so much as, I never grew up so to speak. When I was little, I used to have a $1 a month allowance. Needless to say, very little can be done with this. The only way I could do anything was to just save up until I could actually get something worth 5 or 6 bucks. Fast forward to now, I still have the same mindset towards purchases, that of saving up until you are able to purchase. Why should it change just because something costs more (ok a LOT more!)? This of course precludes emergency scenarios where you literally need something right then and there.

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    Welcome to the forum! The only repair guide(s) available right now for the Mirage, to my knowledge, is Mitsubishi's.
    I will be taking a look at this in the near future guys.
    in the meantime DO NOT PURCHASE IT. I will gain access to it and will do everything in my gray hat power to get it distributed to us all. (Note that I have a LOT of power...enough to cause Sprint to disable phone as modem on their service plans entirely and coat them billions for lying to me.)
    so i am fairly positive we will all have a copy within the next fiscal month.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dracconus For This Useful Post:

Minihaha (05-29-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Hey, sounds like you're getting to the debt free zone though, so keep it up!

I wouldn't even say it is me being responsible so much as, I never grew up so to speak. When I was little, I used to have a $1 a month allowance. Needless to say, very little can be done with this. The only way I could do anything was to just save up until I could actually get something worth 5 or 6 bucks. Fast forward to now, I still have the same mindset towards purchases, that of saving up until you are able to purchase. Why should it change just because something costs more (ok a LOT more!)? This of course precludes emergency scenarios where you literally need something right then and there.

-Charlie-

Is yours a CVT or manual?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracconus View Post
    in the meantime DO NOT PURCHASE IT. I will gain access to it and will do everything in my gray hat power to get it distributed to us all. (Note that I have a LOT of power...enough to cause Sprint to disable phone as modem on their service plans entirely and coat them billions for lying to me.)
    No one mess with this guy
    But im sure alot of people will appreciate it! Thank you

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracconus View Post
    !!! - If you did this, I think it's safe to say that you would be everyone's personal hero !!!