Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward to Gaining Wisdom Here

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Looking Forward to Gaining Wisdom Here

Hi everyone, my name is Charlie! I just bought my own 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage about 2 weeks ago (completely paid off).

This is the first car I have bought completely from the sweat of my brow. I only did enough to keep my old car functioning, but now I am highly immersed into learning how to pamper my vehicle.

I would love if there was an official, repair guide book for the car that goes into in-depth explanations with illustrations on how to service each and every single component of the car, but of course, this does not exist (or does it?).

I've browsed the forum before I purchased the vehicle, and now that I own one, I am eager to pick up knowledge from fellow Mirage owners with more experience than I (probably everyone).

-Charlie-

Hi Charlie -

Congrats on the car. Double-congrats for it being already paid off!

What was your previous car? What made you decide to get the Mirage?

And welcome to the forum.

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum! The only repair guide(s) available right now for the Mirage, to my knowledge, is Mitsubishi's.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    sweet dude, no street racing, don't drive in the rain, snow, ice or sunlight that should get you started.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi Darin, I operate under the paradigm that if I don't have the money to buy something, I will not buy it. As such, I have no credit cards..or even credit history at that. This was the first time I have made such a large purchase, and I had naively thought that I could use my debit card - come and find out Point of Sale limit is like $5000 :-(

Solution: Withdrew $15,000 in cash at my bank, and went to the dealership to negotiate.

My old car was a 2000 Mazda Protege. Every weekend of last month had me fixing something on the car. I thought everything was good and dandy, but them the engine started leaking oil and coolant and that's when I decided I did not want to invest any more time, effort and money into the car.

What made me want to get the Mirage was 1) The insane mpg's 2) Low base price

See you around!

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    Welcome to the forum! The only repair guide(s) available right now for the Mirage, to my knowledge, is Mitsubishi's.
    Really??! Where can I get this repair guide? I would love to have one! You gotta link? Thanks!

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Really??! Where can I get this repair guide? I would love to have one! You gotta link? Thanks!

-Charlie-
    I think he meant the dealership's repair manual that's not quite available to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by kalifornia View Post
    sweet dude, no street racing, don't drive in the rain, snow, ice or sunlight that should get you started.
    lol. just keep up with the maintenance schedule and you should be fine.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

-Charlie-
    Yup, what Ares said ... you might want to check this out.

Hi Darin, I operate under the paradigm that if I don't have the money to buy something, I will not buy it.
    I can appreciate the philosophy.

I do much the same thing. Except I use a no-annual-fee credit card all the time for many of my regular expenses, and pay it off in full each month. I'll gladly take the rewards they pay me to use their card (while they hope in vain that some day I will decide to start carrying a balance and paying interest)!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-29-2017)

PS: hope you'll consider adding your mileage to our fuel economy log.