Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Darin's review notes: base 2014 Mirage 5-speed manual (Mitsubishi Canada loaner)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

The top non-hybrid cars were a 1st generation Honda Insight (with hybrid assist intentionally disabled) and a highly eco-modified 2005 Toyota Echo (aero mods, mechanical mods & electrical mods that made it a sort of mild plug-in hybrid).

i used to own a 2005 echo. that thing was a champ in mpg for sure even stock. it wouldn't beat a mirage but it beats most others. 40mpg all the time.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Back-space View Post
    In Canada, all of the higher end models have A/C and heated seats I think I'm going to wait for the 15's that will be here shortly. Ever since I saw a Nissan employee pulling one of their higher end models into the showroom at the end of the day... grinding the gears, to riding the clutch, back to the gears, clutch, and she's in! Poor guy who buys it is gonna wonder what the heck happened I want one right of the truck. Don''t want anyone touching my new baby
    saw the same thing at a ford dealership. the kid even stalled it multiple times. it was pathetic.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    saw the same thing at a ford dealership. the kid even stalled it multiple times. it was pathetic.
    I'm the same way. I don't like these ruff young kids with very little time on the job, driving your new baby like Thir on a race track or grinding the gears!! Or being a hefty 300 pounder braking your seats!!! Like the sales person we had was at least a 350 pound it's a good thing he road in the back when we test drove our mirage. But one positive thing that sold me was I thought if this car does well with this Heavy weight in my back seat in sold on this mirage!!! We went up and down hills and went out on freeway that Mirage FLEW down the road with NO problem!!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  90.9 KB
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    lol. do you have a cvt or standard? it was like you got to test drive with two passengers' worth of weight.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    LOL I test drove a stick here in my area. Didn't care for it it was like you had very little clutch.plus the sales lady was afraid of going out on the freeway. Plus the engine wasn't as smooth as one with a cvt. So I had to go to the dealership that I was making a deal on a mirage that was 130 miles away and I was sit on getting a CVT . So when I went on the test drive with the Heafty weight in the back I had my wife in the front. So we had a total of at least 600 pounds in the mirage and I was very pleased!!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    ahh yeah, travelling to get a deal... EVERY new car i have ever bought i have had to leave vancouver. i've never been offered a good price anywhere local. i once travelled almost 1000 miles to get an F-150. it was worth it though. to this day i'm amazed at the price i paid.

i'm glad you like your mirage and i'll definitely be trying both transmission options in test drive.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to El Kapitan For This Useful Post:

debburyl (01-25-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    EL Kapitan, thanks,,,,, but let me tell you how I got my mirage. No I didn't get a good price I got a once in a life time deal I was sold a used Elantra sedan at this dealership 130 miles from my house , because of my credit score . When I bought it I noticed previous body damage that had been repaired. I took the car to trade it in. And when I did the salesman noticed that the drivers side front fender and bumper had been re painted and so he did a Auto ck on it and found out it was involved in a accident! Even thou I had a clean car fax on it. So I filed a claim with the dealership, and they Agreed to put me in a New Mirage DE. So I had about six colors to pick from. Even thou I really whanted a ES model I was just happy to get a Brand new Mirage!!!! So I test drove a stick mirage here in the Seattle area. I loved the mirage at Frist site!!!!
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I heard it had a 3 cyl and a 1 speed tran,s I thought I sure hope this car can at least do the speed limit!!!LOL and I never heard of a 1 speed tran,s???? My wife,s Frist words were WHAT!!!!! It has a Lawn Mower engine in it!!!!!!LOL but when we test drove it with the Hefty Weight in the back We were SOLD!!! And we love the gas mileage !!!! We both love our little Bluejellybean

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I often go up to 150 km/h when i'm late to work on the highway, i'm surprised that it's still stable at those speeds.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectNova View Post
    I often go up to 150 km/h when i'm late to work on the highway, i'm surprised that it's still stable at those speeds.
    This car is amazingly stable at high speeds, am surprised myself too. But 1.0L engine is simply too small to pull the car beyond 145 km/h. Aerodynamically speaking, we have one of the best cars available. Wind drag coefficient 0.27 is 0.01 less than an extremely engineerd Nissan GTR 35. Mitsubishi's engineers has done something incredible

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)