Thread: Charlie's Video Guide: 2014 Mirage - Removing Front Fascia/Bumper, Fly Screen Install

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Charlie's Video Guide: 2014 Mirage - Removing Front Fascia/Bumper, Fly Screen Install

OK! So I mentioned before that I wanted to install a fly screen for my radiator as soon as I could and I finished everything last Thursday!

As promised, I took pictures throughout each step for the removal of the entire front fascia AND my fly screen install.

I was flipping through the pictures and there was just too many to post up in discussion forum format, so I just made a video slideshow and created a new youtube account to serve as a host for the video file.

I made the video with the mechanically uninclined in mind (people like me) who have not worked on cars their whole lives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hfSVF6lMXQ

-Charlie-

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

Ares (06-02-2014),LetItMarinate (12-03-2017),MetroMPG (06-03-2014),MysticMirage (06-02-2014)

Thanks! Posted your video inline. (There's a button for that in the post editor).

My only thought: how often are you going to have to clean/replace the screen?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not sure, but the bugs that have been caught in the screen thus far have been able to be simply picked/swiped off with my fingers alone. When they hit the screen, they don't splatter with guts everywhere (well, maybe a little bit of guts). They seem to just die from the impact. I have also contemplated the idea of light vacuuming of the screen as well.

-Charlie-